Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a inspire 1 battery giving me a bad cell warning. I'm trying a full cycle to see if it can resolve its self, but assuming it doesn't can I still make my own battery for my inspire using parts from my old battery? I mean a better upgraded battery. Or is the mod only for good batteries?
Thanks

I have a inspire 1 battery giving me a bad cell warning. I'm trying a full cycle to see if it can resolve its self, but assuming it doesn't can I still make my own battery for my inspire using parts from my old battery? I mean a better upgraded battery. Or is the mod only for good batteries?
Thanks

I would never ever use a defective battery or its cells on anything that goes airborne. I wouldn't even store it in my house.

Chris

What in the world happened to the multistar packs?
I have been waiting for like 2 months waiting for them to come back in stock - good grief man :(

Reactions: Nick H.
What in the world happened to the multistar packs?
I have been waiting for like 2 months waiting for them to come back in stock - good grief man :(
They certainly must be a popular pack among many drone fliers, not just the Inspire. The quality of the pack and the price are attractive to many. I'm surprised they aren't cranking them out faster. I'm also surprised other sellers aren't dropping their prices to compete.

They certainly must be a popular pack among many drone fliers, not just the Inspire. The quality of the pack and the price are attractive to many. I'm surprised they aren't cranking them out faster. I'm also surprised other sellers aren't dropping their prices to compete.

Word has gotten out they are good

First of all , I want to say a big thanks to all of you for all your time and effort and money that was put into this battery mod thread . I have been following it almost from the beginning . I have a i1 bought in early Sept. last yr, its been good so far, no hick ups . I did my own battery mod , in March that came out great I am using Aero3D x3 battery plate 2 TP 2700 batteries My FW. is 1.05 ?? I checked balanced before and after installing batteries My craft is very unstable when I fly with the Aug. batteries in place its up and down like a yo yo , left & right , can't let go of my sticks . when the Aug. batteries are removed it becomes stable again . I think the Aug batteries are blocking the sensors view To some extent witch is causing the unstableness in the craft. Any help with this problem will be appreciated Thanks .
Chuck Lyons

First of all , I want to say a big thanks to all of you for all your time and effort and money that was put into this battery mod thread . I have been following it almost from the beginning . I have a i1 bought in early Sept. last yr, its been good so far, no hick ups . I did my own battery mod , in March that came out great I am using Aero3D x3 battery plate 2 TP 2700 batteries My FW. is 1.05 ?? I checked balanced before and after installing batteries My craft is very unstable when I fly with the Aug. batteries in place its up and down like a yo yo , left & right , can't let go of my sticks . when the Aug. batteries are removed it becomes stable again . I think the Aug batteries are blocking the sensors view To some extent witch is causing the unstableness in the craft. Any help with this problem will be appreciated Thanks .
Chuck Lyons

Hey Chuck can you post a picture of your batteries mounted?

@damoncooper Did you already receive those Titan packs? I e-mailed them with some questions - they never even replied.

Not yet. Their fast discharge packs are backordered. I did have an email exchange with them. Not comforting that they'd never tried an Inspire and had no clue if they would work or catch fire. Stay tuned. I'll try em :)

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
Also ordered a few additional batteries to try with my long distance darling, my I1 V1:

- Multistar 8000 6S high capacity
- Multistar 8000 6S LiHV
- 2 x Multistar 6600 6S LiHV

Will report back once I get a chance to test.

What firmware do you use for long distance on your I1 V1 @damoncooper?

Just did a 5 mile out (10 mile) round trip run over open ocean in Maine using very latest 1.9.0.30 and RC v1.6. All good.

d08f632cb99bd9e6df88719aa1a37bcd.png

@damoncooper
Isn't it recommended to use early firmware on the I1, as is the case on P3 (newer firmware added a lot of problems and decreased the speed in GPS)...

What aux batt Damon ?

On this flight I used a MS 5200 LiHV + TP 2700 + TB48. It's not a recommended combo, as I risked damaging the 2700 if I had flown it much lower.

Hence, I'm heading toward the higher mah batteries for LD flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude