Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery not used for month

Reaction score
Guys I need your help. I am working on rotational basis and while I am away I don't use Inspire for a month. I am interested how to leave batteries, fully charged or half discharged.
Every comment is welcome

Guys I need your help. I am working on rotational basis and while I am away I don't use Inspire for a month. I am interested how to leave batteries, fully charged or half discharged.
Every comment is welcome
Hey castoro6...
The batteries have a automatic discharge feature so they will take care of themselves..
You can adjust what day you want them to start discharging..
Some pilots recommend storing them in an old ammo can or lipo bag..
Happy discharging!!
Turbo....

Reactions: sirnikolas
Every comment is welcome
If you are going to leave your packs for any length of time over and above just a few days then always store them at 50% charge/3.85v per cell.
NEVER store them at anything approaching 100% or depleted, you will kill your packs.
Turbo is correct, there is a self discharge (with timing that can be set from 1 to 10 days) before it starts the only problem with this is its a slow function and can take several days to discharge to storage level.
The best way is either to fly down to 50% charge or charge them until the third LED JUST starts to flash, then remove them from charge immediately. You will then be at 50% charge level. :)

Is it good to refrigerate them for that month?
It certainly won't do them any harm and only does good for storage purposes provided.....
  • You must store them this way at storage level (3.85v per cell/50%)
  • You must allow the packs to come back up to room temp before you recharge them
  • You do NOT freeze them or refrigerate below 3 degrees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop