Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery powered LED dome strobe?

Not bright enough

Maybe. I'll see once I have it up and a mile away in the daytime. It's really (REALLY) bright when facing your general direction. I'm hoping the clear strobe facing down will let me see the bird more clearly from 180 degrees from the ground. The rear red strobe I figure might help with orientation.

Fyi, I settled on the Cat Eye for now. Attached to the arms.

Sure wouldn't mind figuring out a solution for some of the 2000+ lumens CREE LED solution out there but they take power is have to tap off the Inspire somehow.

Reactions: PB30X
Fyi, I settled on the Cat Eye for now. Attached to the arms.

Sure wouldn't mind figuring out a solution for some of the 2000+ lumens CREE LED solution out there but they take power is have to tap off the Inspire somehow.

Lol! As we speak I'm working on different solutions to self powering STROBES.. As for lighting, any small LiPo will do so long as it handles the Milliamperes being drawn. Well then there is a weight issue too.. I'm fumbling with just keeping my strobes micro sized just using watch batteries.. More to come on that, but found allot of info Googling lol...

I tried one of these HMI lights. Only problem was it drastically reduced my flight time because of draining the battery so fast. o_O

folger.jpg

Only problem is with the strobe on the back you can't see it when the bird is flying forward or toward you.

A dome strobe (360 degrees) on the belly would be ideal!

can't find anything as powerful that has a dome.
not even rescue strobes for life jackets go that high

it's says 180 degree visibility, maybe if it's mounted on the bottom should see it.
might be worth a shot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1