Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

BATTERY UPGRADE REQUIRED

Reaction score
after i did my firmware update i noticed under AIRCRAFT STATUS it says BATTERY UPGRADE REQUIRED, i have 4 batteries but only two of them says that, if anyone experienced the same thing and know of a solution let me know ASAP, thanks guys

delete the txt report for previous battery upgrade from your micro SD card, insert new battery and PWR Inspire on again

I had one out of five that didn't want to take. I was in the "field" so I couldn't delete the txt report. After many attempts off and on without success, I tried turning my remote off and powered up the i1, she finally updated. I only had 89% by then :-(.

My Inspire has unfortunately been back at DJI twice and with their 5-6 (in my case 7) week turnaround, there hasn't been much flying. Got it back today and it seems to be flying okay. However, all 5 of my Batteries Say "Battery Upgrade Required" on the app though the firmware seems to be up-to-date on I1 and remote. Have tried all of the above. Any other ideas?

My Inspire has unfortunately been back at DJI twice and with their 5-6 (in my case 7) week turnaround, there hasn't been much flying. Got it back today and it seems to be flying okay. However, all 5 of my Batteries Say "Battery Upgrade Required" on the app though the firmware seems to be up-to-date on I1 and remote. Have tried all of the above. Any other ideas?

Download the latest fw on the SD card insert it into the camera, turn on the craft with the remote off and wait while it uploads the fw, when it's done remove the battery and insert another battery and turn it on and wait while the battery updates, do the same for all ur batteries

Reactions: Eric
after i did my firmware update i noticed under AIRCRAFT STATUS it says BATTERY UPGRADE REQUIRED, i have 4 batteries but only two of them says that, if anyone experienced the same thing and know of a solution let me know ASAP, thanks guys

SOLUTION TO "Battery needs Upgrade". I found a cause! After six hours of frustration it turned out that the problem was caused by downloading version 1.3 firmware on an Apple MacBook Pro. The Inspire Pro would not read the firmware on the SD card even though I had formatted the card on the Inspire. Re-downloaded the firmware on a Microsoft computer and, Hey Presto! Upgrade worked, success message appeared on the SD card.

I just went through the this with a "damaged cell" battery that I had returned to DJI (week and a half turnaround time). The new battery had an "upgrade required" alert. I downloaded it through my MacBook Pro and it would not take. I tried all the tricks, bin file only, different cards, etc. I was at 93% when I tried all of this. I put it on the charger to 100%, boom! First try, it took like a charm.

I need help my batt will not upgrade... only one in 5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD