Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery's won't charge

Reaction score
My batteries say they need updated. I have their newest firmware... It won't load as if it's up to date.

The two 47 batteries wouldn't charge. Because they both were at 20-25%.. I ran them down to 4% and they charged to 100%.

Last night I ran one for 5 mins.. This morning I put it on charger for 45 mins then left to fly.. It was at 68% starting out.. Meaning it didn't recharge ...

I used them both today and then arrived home where I hovered the bird to 5% .

The batteries have been in the dji charger.... And they won't charge.

I'm ready to throw them in the microwave with gasoline and mortar rounds on them.

Please help before I loose what little hair I have left.

Frustrated new guy from Indy

Christian.

Hey Christian. .
In the pilot app if the status bar is requiring a firmware update then you probably don't have the latest version available. .
it should be 1.2.1.06
I recently had a similar issue and couldn't get my batteries to charge,but I played around with them by charging them while they were on and plugging them in while the charger was on ..
once I updated the firmware they have worked properly. .
hope this helps...I know this can be frustrating. .hang in there. ..
turb...

Reactions: sirnikolas
Try and always discharge your battery from full charge to low charge in your i1..
don't use a battery partially then remove it from your ac then reinstall it back in the ac ..
this can cause a malfunction. .
it's not a good idea to use batteries that aren't fully charged because it might cause the battery to malfunction ..

Speaking of batteries. Do the ispire batteries self discharge after 10 days and do they build up heat when they do. Should I take them out of my hard case?

Gregg: I've been wondering the same thing.....not sure I like a LiPo in a nice insulated, cosy foam cavity self-discharging any way of dissipating any heat. I'm hoping that the self-discharge is so slow that there will not be any heat build-up. Please...... :)

Andy.

Speaking of batteries. Do the ispire batteries self discharge after 10 days and do they build up heat when they do. Should I take them out of my hard case?

Page 19 of the manual (item3) will reveal all :)

Yes they self discharge after a user definable delay (1-10 days).
Pushing the battery button at anytime before (or during) Discharge phase will reset the delay timer.
It is possible a small amount of heat is generated during self discharge so probably wise to keep them out of the case, although it is a very slow rate down to circa 65% and takes around 48 hours to achieve 65% from full. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44