Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Before I pull the trigger...

Reaction score
So I signed up for this forum last night because after reading about the Inspire 'till my eyes bled, I'm about to order one.

Having said that, I happen to come across another model that seems to have great customer service and happy customers. Has anyone tried or compared the Yuneec Q500? I haven't read anything negative about it but the only thing I'm not thrilled about is it seems there are limited places to buy parts (being that it's new on the scene, I'm sure that will change)

I'm curious because though I'm not a professional, I don't want to buy a toy version or crappy version of an Inspire. It's less than half the price but wanted some opinions.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Of course we're going to tell you to buy the I1. We all own one :)

P.S. Welcome to our most humble site. Stay a while. You will be inspired.

LOL… though I know better to ask about another brand on a certain brand site…lol, I was hoping to get some knowledge from those that have more experience than I.

Many of you know what to look for and someone with some experience is liable to look at the Q500 might decide right off the bat why they wouldn't buy one.

Thanks!

Mark

A few who have tested the Q500 have posted that there's a world of difference between the 2. Specs alone say so, camera's vastly inferior, video downlink is still on an old-style analog system, any many more...

LOL… though I know better to ask about another brand on a certain brand site…lol, I was hoping to get some knowledge from those that have more experience than I.

Many of you know what to look for and someone with some experience is liable to look at the Q500 might decide right off the bat why they wouldn't buy one.

Thanks!

Mark

If I look to the spec's of this quad it is much closer to a PV2+ than to the Inspire!

Last edited:
A few who have tested the Q500 have posted that there's a world of difference between the 2. Specs alone say so, camera's vastly inferior, video downlink is still on an old-style analog system, any many more...

Thank you but could you elaborate for me. I thought it was using the 5.8 Mhz video frequency? Is that different that what you mentioned about the video downlink is using analog?

Thanks,

Mark

It is a 5.8Ghz signal...not sure on the digital/analog side though???
1) One major bonus of the Inspire is that you can use the second controller to control the camera gimbal out to the range of the main controller. The Q500 has the CG02 app that will allow you to control the gimbal from a mobile device...as the site says...the wi-fi range will be extremely limited.
2) Inspire1 can record 4k 30fps - the Q500 stops at 1080p 60fps
3) Inspire1 arms raise up providing an unobstructed view for the camera unless you point up and hit the throttle - the Q500 has fixed landing gear
4) Q500 costs less than half the Inspire1
5) Q500 boasts up to 25min flight time. (bigger battery @ 5400 mAh)
6) Inspire1 has gone beyond 2km from station - Q500 range is listed at 800m
7) Inspire1 is listed at 22m/s flight speed (in ATTI mode) - no listing for the Q500 that I could find.

You're really just getting what you pay for. Other than a really long hold time waiting to talk to their support group, it's been an amazing experience flying my Inspires. Of course, I could just be among the lucky ones that didn't received a glitchy bird...and I'm ultra cautious in ensuring everything checks out before it leaves the ground.

Of course we're biased...but you've got a lot of people here with a ton of knowledge and a generous capacity to share it...regardless of what you decide.

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much. Other than RC cars and helicopters, I have recently bought a quad copter to practice on (which to me is very similar to flying a helicopter)

I tend to be one of those people that believe in the saying "you get what you pay for". Since I'm not a professional, I thought the Q500 would suit my needs. As far as distance, 800 meters is roughly .5 miles. Can you even detect your bird 1/2 mile away? I wasn't planning of flying anything past my sight of vision (at least to the point to determine which way is the front…lol)

I appreciate everyone's time and comment, at this point, it seems like it would be better to spend the extra money and get the inspire.

Thanks,

Mark

i think the inspire is worth the difference over the phantom vision 2+ simply for the integration of the app and the related telemetry etc.

it's a bit of a game changer I think

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Done deal!! I ordered an Inspire and two extra 5700 batteries. I was going to order a case but apparently DJ1 is giving their case with the purchase of an Inspire (I wasn't going to get the DJ1 case because I've read 2-3 cases where the handle kept getting ripped off)

Anyway, I'll be an owner soon... Thanks for everyone's help and advice!

Mark

Reactions: Highrpm955
Just an update for anyone joining the forum and reading old posts. It's been almost 3 months since I purchased the Inspire and though I crashed it and it was in for repair half the time, I can still happily say that it was worth the money. I love flying my phantom but the quality is a difference between the two is comparable to a chevy and a Porsche.

The Inspire is sleek, sophisticated and an absolute pleasure to fly. Yes, there have been some bugs but as there are as many other brands, they too have had their problems.

I thought I'd post this for anyone viewing old threads and wondering if the Inspire is worth the money.

Absolutely!

Mark

I am new to the forum too. I have been lurking around reading and listening. I too was on the fence. After I was satisfied with all that I have read, good and bad. I too have pulled the trigger. My inspire 1 will be delivered on Monday. Luckily, the UAV.com is only 3 hours from my home. Their customer service is great. They updated all the firmware and test flew the "bird"for me to I check for any bugs before it shipped. I can't wait.

Done deal!! I ordered an Inspire and two extra 5700 batteries. I was going to order a case but apparently DJ1 is giving their case with the purchase of an Inspire (I wasn't going to get the DJ1 case because I've read 2-3 cases where the handle kept getting ripped off)

Anyway, I'll be an owner soon... Thanks for everyone's help and advice!

Mark

Having just lugged that thing about 3/4 mile to site and back over fields I can say the handle is up to scratch...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry