Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Antenna Positioning for Strong Lightbridge connection as tested with Spectrum Analyzer.

Reaction score
Best Antenna Positioning for Strong Lightbridge connection as tested with Spectrum Analyzer. This is a video that every person should watch if you own an Inspire1

Reactions: turbodronepilot
What an absolutely pointless exercise and a waste of 45 seconds!

As soon as you move outside the entire propagation characteristics will change. What about reflected, refracted and multipath signals or the groundplane effect coming off the table and floor being confined in that room? Not to mention spurious RF coming from the bloody phone this video was taken on :rolleyes:
It annoys me when ill informed individuals post things on YouTube that are wholly inaccurate especially where people may rely on this information in the real world. Then I suppose it's a case of people should make up their own mind whether they believe everything on YT or not....... but it still annoys me :mad:
The lightbridge system, is no different to any other two way digital communication system using diversity technology and simple dipoles to radiate and receive the RF.
Dipole antennas will create a linearly polarized electromagnetic wave in the plane they are orientated in. Similarly a receiving antenna that is also aligned in the same plane will generate the largest current when exposed to the electromagnetic wave.

What I find ludicrous is that this company/individual actually thinks this is a valid test of received RF strength!

Last edited:
What I would like to see is the relative signal strength with a device attached and have WiFi and BT turned on verses Airplane mode.

Best Antenna Positioning for Strong Lightbridge connection as tested with Spectrum Analyzer. This is a video that every person should watch if you own an Inspire1

FWIW - the manual says the two antennas should parallel to each other.

Thank you for clarification TJ, I've been reading for months and haven't come across that

Another issue with the iPad2, not Air, is that it does not have the A7 processor specified on the Inspire spec page as minimum required to display the video without high latency.

Another issue with the iPad2, not Air, is that it does not have the A7 processor specified on the Inspire spec page as minimum required to display the video without high latency.
Man, I just used iPad mini and was serious high latency with dogs in kitchen walking.. Same dog showed up in 3 spots as he was walking by... Ouch. Didn't realize processor speed required for this beast... Thank you

What an absolutely pointless exercise and a waste of 45 seconds!

As soon as you move outside the entire propagation characteristics will change. What about reflected, refracted and multipath signals or the groundplane effect coming off the table and floor being confined in that room? Not to mention spurious RF coming from the bloody phone this video was taken on :rolleyes:
It annoys me when ill informed individuals post things on YouTube that are wholly inaccurate especially where people may rely on this information in the real world. Then I suppose it's a case of people should make up their own mind whether they believe everything on YT or not....... but it still annoys me :mad:
The lightbridge system, is no different to any other two way digital communication system using diversity technology and simple dipoles to radiate and receive the RF.
Dipole antennas will create a linearly polarized electromagnetic wave in the plane they are orientated in. Similarly a receiving antenna that is also aligned in the same plane will generate the largest current when exposed to the electromagnetic wave.

What I find ludicrous is that this company/individual actually thinks this is a valid test of received RF strength!
thank you editor for taking the time to make your post..it didn't land on def ears..

If you mean the original iPad mini, as opposed to the mini 2 or later, then it has an A5 chip and it is indeed much slower than the A7. The A7 used in the mini 2 and mini 3 is 4 times(!) faster than the A5.

I tried using it this way in the field, and with a ground test it showed that DJI's recommended settings for the antenna are correct. This video is not. It iOS very sensitive as to how it must be pointed. The antenna "click" into place at a diagonal. The tablet or phone mount must be laid totally flat over the sticks. Then mount your device and point the tablet right at you. When you do this, the antenna will be pointed directly up. Any deviation from this hurts the performance. I could literally recreate it on the ground at about 110M away.

Reactions: DustyVisor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry