Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Monitor Devices

Gotcha, ya my biggest issue is overheating. I can deal with the sun glare...hoods and shade. Thanks for the input.

CS is the winner
Operation Temperature -20℃ to 40℃ (-4℉ to 104℉)

iPad Pro
  • Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)

CS is the winner
Operation Temperature -20℃ to 40℃ (-4℉ to 104℉)

iPad Pro
  • Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)

Don't really have to worry about the freezing temps here in South Texas, but good info on upper limit temps. My iPad Mini 4 gets so warm running the DJI app I think it would be good down to -20 as well. ;)

Reactions: slim.slamma
After today I'm done with ipads and iphones for my P4P and I2...I could go on about how crappy they are out in the Texas heat, and keep getting pissed about how much I've spent on them, but why bother. DONE!

So anyway, I was hoping to get some input from you guys on what your using out in the field in hot weather. I was going to get a High Bright CrystalSky last year but decided to hold out for the Ultra Bright. Basically do you feel it's worth the price, is there a considerable difference between the High and Ultra, and what other devices work well for you? I use both drones just about daily and I'm looking for a decent size screen (7-8 inch).

Looking forward to you input ASAP, as my week is booked and I need to end this overheating nightmare.

Thanks!!!
Only reason I haven't jumped into CS monitors is the fact they do not run a lot of apps.

I had an ultra that, while still nearly new, developed the problem where the screen was invisible. DJI replaced it. The new one has been on several flights in cool weather without any problems. I really enjoy being able to see the screen clearly in bright daylight. The sunscreens for an ipad were a nuisance to use and the ipads were nearly useless with out a sunscreen on bright days. Bright days are the standard weather where I live.

However, with the arrival of hot weather a warning that the ultra is becoming too hot comes up after 20-30 minutes of operating in direct sun. I try to stand in the shade of a tree after the warning comes on or change that ultra for my second ultra which is cool in a case nearby. I don't know what would happen if I continued to fly with the ultra in direct sunlight. By hot weather I'm talking about around 90 F not the 100 plus that my Arizona neighbors to the south are faced with.
Oh man. The CS are overheating in 90deg??? I have been holding of on purchasing due to them not running the app I use most (MME's Map Pilot) and now they overheat too?

Map Pilot is my bread & butter. Mostly do construction. And I refuse to purchase any equipment that expensive with such ridiculous limitations.

I hear you. I do some construction as well and need to look into that. Gotta start mapping for sure. Thanks!!! What monitor are you running?

LOL...Lots of problems. Only thing that works for me is 1. working only in the early morning and 2. carrying both Ipads to the job site in a cooler, inside ziploc bags. The first one usually stays cool enough to finish the job and if not, I'll grab the second one. Stupid but it works.

LOL...Lots of problems. Only thing that works for me is 1. working only in the early morning and 2. carrying both Ipads to the job site in a cooler, inside ziploc bags. The first one usually stays cool enough to finish the job and if not, I'll grab the second one. Stupid but it works.

Hahaha, I do the same thing man. Crazy.

I'm in AZ and I have run my CS Hi Brite at around 106 and no issue.

Just checked and tomorrow is supposed to be 111 in Phoenix. Not sure if that's where you are and you have time to fly, but it would definitely be a great test. Regardless, 106 and no issues is kick burro!

Reactions: licensed pilot
I ended up buying a Samsung Tab A for immediate use. I will give you an update on how it performs. I'm not expecting much, but we will see *fingers crossed*.

Samsung Tab A is not the answer...bummer. I will press on with the cooler and iPads this week and order a CrystalSky. Thanks again for everyone's advice.

It is a simple choice!:)
CS 7 high brigh!
I have the high and the ultra and the ultra burned out the backlight 2 times in 6 month of use in lower 30°C temperatures.
With the sunshade there is no significative difference on day2day use.

I don't know if this helps, but I run my screen only as bright as I have to. Running at max all the time just makes excess heat. I have really good night vision , so I typically have things turned down lower than most people. This really seems to help in the hi Arizona temperatures .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pl500examdumps