Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Monitor Devices

After today I'm done with ipads and iphones for my P4P and I2...I could go on about how crappy they are out in the Texas heat, and keep getting pissed about how much I've spent on them, but why bother. DONE!

So anyway, I was hoping to get some input from you guys on what your using out in the field in hot weather. I was going to get a High Bright CrystalSky last year but decided to hold out for the Ultra Bright. Basically do you feel it's worth the price, is there a considerable difference between the High and Ultra, and what other devices work well for you? I use both drones just about daily and I'm looking for a decent size screen (7-8 inch).

Looking forward to you input ASAP, as my week is booked and I need to end this overheating nightmare.

Thanks!!!

I live here in Texas, purchased the CS Ultra and love it. Now that DJI allows 3rd Party Apps (like Litchi) I espcially love it. Easy to see even in the brightest sun and holds up to the heat as well

Reactions: Advexure and T-Bolt
After today I'm done with ipads and iphones for my P4P and I2...I could go on about how crappy they are out in the Texas heat, and keep getting pissed about how much I've spent on them, but why bother. DONE!

So anyway, I was hoping to get some input from you guys on what your using out in the field in hot weather. I was going to get a High Bright CrystalSky last year but decided to hold out for the Ultra Bright. Basically do you feel it's worth the price, is there a considerable difference between the High and Ultra, and what other devices work well for you? I use both drones just about daily and I'm looking for a decent size screen (7-8 inch).

Looking forward to you input ASAP, as my week is booked and I need to end this overheating nightmare.

Thanks!!!

For my Inspire 1, I use FatShark goggles via the HDMI interface every flight. I hand the iPad to the DP and he does what he can to view it. Because the iPad isn't bound to the RC, it's pretty easy for them to shade it to work for them.

I went through two MP battery’s yesterday using my ultra and it was over 100. I got no warnings. Was it hot yea but hell any thing would be a little hot.

Reactions: Advexure

Thanks!!!
I don’t know about the difference between the two but I have the ultra bright (2,000 nit) version and I can tell you that it’s awesome out in the bright sunlight. You don’t even need a sunshade in the middle of the afternoon sun. I have been using it since last December but I did have a problem with it overheating but it was because it was one of the first ones and it was a common problem with the earlier models. But I sent it back to DJI and they replaced it with a brand new one no charge!! So if you want my advice I would get the ultra bright version for the extra few dollars.

Have not tested the Pro at those temps.

Was just offering some insight on screen glare.

I contemplated getting the CS, it was just too many complaints, hopefully some issues have been addressed by DJI.
You reply that when you refer to HD shades, you are talking about a hood, yet you linked to an HD shades (sun glasses) site. Did you mean the iPad Pro and the HD glasses alone, or the HD glasses plus a woodman style hood or..........

Reactions: slim.slamma
I do some night driving, those shades help eliminate headlight glare.

In direct sunlight using the iPad with no hood the shades can’t be beat.
They work that well? I have an anti glare screen protector on mine and the other day I was flying at noon under scorching sun, and I could not see a thing on the screen, I do have goggles but sometimes its just cumbersome to fly with all this .....stuff, thanks for the tip

Reactions: slim.slamma
Really good info, thanks everyone. It seems as long as you get a NEW Ultra CS you are good and only the old ones have overheat issues.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee