Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Beta Testing

IOS version 1.0.3

4-4-15
MC Error (memory card) on the day I updated the app. Formatted the MC via the pilot app and tested okay.

6-4-15
Went for another flight today. - 28 flights to date. (shou recording the whole time)
None of the following had ever occurred until this update.

3 batteries later and this is how it went down:

Weak RC Signal at 1 kilometer but no loss of control. (I thank god for my good eye sight!)

Battery Level Low Warning at 40% and it come up with the return to home in 10 seconds scenario even though I've set it at 10% Critical - 30% First Warning.
No Signal Warning (no video stream) a few times - reconnected a few seconds later.
Ipad Air 2 completely rebooted whilst flying on the first and third battery.

1 file totally corrupted and this was my furthest flight to this day - Thankfully shou was recording.

I uninstalled and re-installed the app when I got home. I'll test it again soon or maybe I'll wait for the FWU...

Why fix something that didn't need fixing. I can understand that the app will need some sort of tweaking once the new FWU is available but why release an app update way before the FWU has gone live? *slaps forehead*

Scary $hit!

Last edited:
My bird flipped into ATTI mode right after takeoff for the first time. I had strong GPS signal. Compass values spot on. Even did an IMU calibration on a level table. I've spent most of my flights of late practicing in ATTI mode, but since this flight was near water and had a moderate breeze of 15-20 kph (9-12mph), I wanted to play it safe with GPS mode. Luckily this happened almost immediately after takeoff and I could bring her down, but DJI really needs to sort this out. The bird went back to GPS mode right after landing, but I decided to pack it in and not risk it. Hopefully this issue is addressed ASAP as it seems this is happened to quite a few of us.

Any idea when the next firmware update will be released? I'm keeping my I1 grounded until this issue is fixed.

Reactions: bostonlines
My bird flipped into ATTI mode right after takeoff for the first time. I had strong GPS signal. Compass values spot on. Even did an IMU calibration on a level table. I've spent most of my flights of late practicing in ATTI mode, but since this flight was near water and had a moderate breeze of 15-20 kph (9-12mph), I wanted to play it safe with GPS mode. Luckily this happened almost immediately after takeoff and I could bring her down, but DJI really needs to sort this out. The bird went back to GPS mode right after landing, but I decided to pack it in and not risk it. Hopefully this issue is addressed ASAP as it seems this is happened to quite a few of us.

Any idea when the next firmware update will be released? I'm keeping my I1 grounded until this issue is fixed.

Any day now (tm)

Reactions: sirnikolas
the yaw drift is what i sometimes still see on mine... in the app some things dont stay the way i left them and always have to readjust. eg. camera mode setting... always goes back to follow mode... when with my cameraman i have to think about switching into free mode... or the manual mode of camera shutter always goes back to auto... after swaping batteries...
i use the android version. latest of course.
thank you guys for hanging in there. woukd have loved to take part on this. i am in on the next :)

I thought the same thing until I took the advice from the more seasoned pilots on this forum. Don't let that GPS bug keep you grounded. I took mine out for two sessions today and made myself fly in atti just to be prepared. Yeah it's sketchy in high winds but just go up and take a deep breath. The inspire is an absolute beast. Have fun with it!

Firmware is released... go get some!!!

Good to hear.

For now Ill keep my tablets in airplane mode for a little while :) while I see how the outcome is for everybody on the update process and the first flights before I get forced into doing the update if there is more issues.

then i messed up i guess... my app updated automaticly... does this mean i woukd have no other chance??
i will do it in any matter just asking.

then i messed up i guess... my app updated automaticly... does this mean i woukd have no other chance??
i will do it in any matter just asking.

I believe the app is backward compatible. IOW, the new app will work with the older firmware on the Inspire. But I updated everything at the same time, so I can't swear to that. But since many folks have auto update turned on, it would have to work that way.

But you will need the new version of the app if you update the Inspire AC/RC (couple of new knobs available).

Reactions: mdomeny
The latest firmware release, is this the firmware that was / is being beta tested?

they have been saying waypoint COULD BE coming but don't get your hopes up, why would they hang them selfs and say anything different? GREAT MARKETING SKILLS... LOL

one more function for the photography side. a unusual bracketing. lets say 5 frames. but each frame has the same EV, but the difference is in the shutter speed. eg, iso400 1/100 iso320 1/80 iso250 1/60 iso200 1/50 iso160 1/40
for me, shooting cars when cars in motion it's kinda hard to guage what shutter speed to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84