Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Braking?

Reaction score
Hello... I have an I2 that I've used sporadically for the past couple of years. I haven't used it much lately, but kept the firmware updated and batteries in good condition. Recently I've flown a couple of times following the latest update, and I randomly have my I2 come to a screeching halt and an error message saying something to the effect of 'Braking, return sticks to center position and continue" When I do that everything is fine. This has occurred several times, and always with absolutely NO obstacles anywhere which could trigger obstacle avoidance. I have never experienced it before the latest update. Anyone have any suggestions as to what this is about?
Thanks, and have a 2019 day!

Hello... I have an I2 that I've used sporadically for the past couple of years. I haven't used it much lately, but kept the firmware updated and batteries in good condition. Recently I've flown a couple of times following the latest update, and I randomly have my I2 come to a screeching halt and an error message saying something to the effect of 'Braking, return sticks to center position and continue" When I do that everything is fine. This has occurred several times, and always with absolutely NO obstacles anywhere which could trigger obstacle avoidance. I have never experienced it before the latest update. Anyone have any suggestions as to what this is about?
Thanks, and have a 2019 day!
Moved from General discussion to Inspire 2 section then

I wonder if it is your obstacle avoidance sensors? Bet it would tell you in the log details

I thought of that since the response is the same, but I haven't looked yet at the logs. Although I feel if it was an error with the OA sensors, the error message would have been something about an obstacle? Curious.

Thats the message you get when you fly towards the sun when it is low in the sky and the collision avoidance kicks in.The strong light direct into the sensors is enough to confuse them and cause automatic braking

Ah... interesting! I do seem to think now that it only did this when it was flying toward the sun, but not necessarily when it was low in the sky. In fact, the most recent time was about noon. However, flying backward was fine which supports this. In any case, I recalibrated the IMU and now it seems okay so that does make sense. Thanks!

Sunscreen button. Sport mode.
?? Not sure if you're referencing something or a joke? Strangely, even though I recalibrated everything I'm still experiencing the issue, just not as much. I don't recall this ever happening before the latest firmware update.

If this is a sun related issue, sport mode will provide the sun screen.
Now do you get it?

If this is a sun related issue, sport mode will provide the sun screen.
Now do you get it?
Ah, yes. But at least with this shoot, the obstacle avoidance was very important, I was flying in a heavily forested area not always above the canopy. I had never experienced the sun issue before, and done many shoots directly into the sun just before and during sunsets and sunrises. That never triggered it before, but maybe I've just been lucky.

Reactions: Starz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irene