Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Brand New Inspire 1 Pro first flight issues

Reaction score
Just upgraded to the Inspire 1 Pro. Put all firmware updates on the inspire, controller, app, and did IMU and compass calibrations.

First flight was at dusk/sunset 2 days ago. It went up no problem. But once about 60ft up, I tried to bring her down and about had a heart attack because it was moving at super slow snail pace and very difficult to descend. Finally got it down and realized the landing gear never raised. Did another IMU and tried it again. It seemed to fly normal, although I was too scared to really test the limits after the first flight.

Fast-forward to today, again at dusk. I put in a fresh TB48 battery and took off. It kept going past the 3-4 ft mark and didn't raise the landing gear. It continued to go up about 30ft very fast. I controlled it and started to descend. While descending, I tried to stop and let go of the stick, and it kept going down... I managed to control it again and landed it as quick as I could. After cleaning the mess in my pants, I did another IMU and compass calibration. Flew again and it worked flawlessly. Again, scared to really open it up and fly it like I did with my original inspire.

Has anyone else with a new Inspire 1 Pro experienced these type of issues. I don't mind doing IMU every time I fly, but that seems too weird for it to go such haywire and then work perfectly fine after IMU. Frustrating.

Reactions: Ikopta
Just upgraded to the Inspire 1 Pro. Put all firmware updates on the inspire, controller, app, and did IMU and compass calibrations.

First flight was at dusk/sunset 2 days ago. It went up no problem. But once about 60ft up, I tried to bring her down and about had a heart attack because it was moving at super slow snail pace and very difficult to descend. Finally got it down and realized the landing gear never raised. Did another IMU and tried it again. It seemed to fly normal, although I was too scared to really test the limits after the first flight.

Fast-forward to today, again at dusk. I put in a fresh TB48 battery and took off. It kept going past the 3-4 ft mark and didn't raise the landing gear. It continued to go up about 30ft very fast. I controlled it and started to descend. While descending, I tried to stop and let go of the stick, and it kept going down... I managed to control it again and landed it as quick as I could. After cleaning the mess in my pants, I did another IMU and compass calibration. Flew again and it worked flawlessly. Again, scared to really open it up and fly it like I did with my original inspire.

Has anyone else with a new Inspire 1 Pro experienced these type of issues. I don't mind doing IMU every time I fly, but that seems too weird for it to go such haywire and then work perfectly fine after IMU. Frustrating.
Have you calibrated the RC?

Hopefully the update is soon. I'm done installing v1.8 and RC calibration done. Now, in addition to saying it needs a new update, it also says camera update. It should still fly, right?

Hopefully the update is soon. I'm done installing v1.8 and RC calibration done. Now, in addition to saying it needs a new update, it also says camera update. It should still fly, right?
good luck, mine wont go back to v1.8

good luck, mine wont go back to v1.8

First flight of the day after installing v1.8 and it seemed ok. Still don't trust it totally. After only burning half of battery, the motors and battery were very hot. Maybe it's just the initial running of the motors combined with it being 95 degrees outside... I plan on doing multiple more test flights today and tomorrow.

I think it is about time for ALL owners of Inspire 1's to sign a petition to FORCE Dji to accept responsibility for there badly dangerously written software and reimburse and compensate all those having issues using Dji products I reccomend looking into how to bring about a class action law suit to make Dji sell only tested and certified SAFE products unless and until this is done we will all suffer while Dji make BILLIONS if this was a car manufacturer all cars would be recalled

Just a thought al least I am thinking of ways to make Dji respond i need support

unless everyone does not care if they KILL a child due to inspire crash through faulty software what if it was your child? not happened yet watch this space this is to everyone not anyone in particular

Reactions: stevorino
3 more successful flights today. Opened it up more like im used to flying. Feeling more confident. I'm set to record some fireworks tonight over lake. Wish me luck... im going to film in 4k with 800 iso and 1.7, any other settings suggestions?

Reactions: Ikopta
I think it is about time for ALL owners of Inspire 1's to sign a petition to FORCE Dji to accept responsibility for there badly dangerously written software and reimburse and compensate all those having issues using Dji products I reccomend looking into how to bring about a class action law suit to make Dji sell only tested and certified SAFE products unless and until this is done we will all suffer while Dji make BILLIONS if this was a car manufacturer all cars would be recalled
What you mean like the Ford Pinto?
It's never going to happen and as IrishSights mentions you will never get anywhere with a company that is domiciled in China.
Don't waste your time.
What exactly has prompted this outburst?

my reason is simple
Dji don't provide dealers one of which i spoke to today with the opportunity to test new updates before making available to us. They sell us Dji kit they should have the opportunity to try it before we risk our expensive kit if they, all your dealers get to try it first they would be in a far better position to determine if it was worth risking updating if not then they could force Dji to get it working properly"
those dealers that don't or have not tested it we could avoid buying from until they do

Last edited:
my reason is simple
Dji don't provide dealers one of which i spoke to today with the opportunity to test new updates before making available to us. They sell us Dji kit they should have the opportunity to try it before we risk our expensive kit if they, all your dealers get to try it first they would be in a far better position to determine if it was worth risking updating if not then they could force Dji to get it working properly"
those dealers that don't or have not tested it we could avoid buying from until they do
They do however have several hundred beta testers from around the world of which I am one.
We get to test the firmware sometimes months in advance and report back any problems and/or improvements.
The population of beta testers come from all corners and all disciplines including many like myself who are electronic engineers.
Dealers, on the whole are not that experienced in the 'nuts and bolts' of systems and many simply could not spare the time to test fly every version of firmware.
The problem is, some bugs/faults simply do not show up until the firmware is released to General population and this cannot be avoided.
I am not suggesting DJI is perfect (far from it) but to suggest that firmware is released to dealers who would then effectively 'sign off' on it is, I'm afraid not viable.

Reactions: lrh111
Several hundred eh!
maybe they cannot afford any more then?
what they need is COMPETITION i am eagerly awaiting someone to knock them off there pedestal

CNN International April 15, 2015
"The upstart Chinese firm is at the forefront of the drone invasion, offering professional quality machines to consumers for around $1,000. Should the funding round come off, the company's $10 billion valuation would catapult it into the ranks of elite tech startups"

thank you for your comments am putting this gripe to bed now since as you suggest it is pointless having a go at DJI they are to big "AT THE MOMENT!"

Yeah it's complete bull *** they let us who drop lots of money on this test there firmware out for them.

Edited by moderator language

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry