Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Broken white front tube on Inspire foot - trouble!

Reaction score
I should have been more cautious, but trust and need overwhelmed my judgement.

A hard landing broke one of the white tubes on the front landing feet. I asked about it and several folks said there was nothing inside such as an antenna, and it could be removed and replaced with something similar.

Wrong.

I broke off the damaged bottom of the tube, found a spring for the shock absorbing function, but also found what I take to be an antenna. Lucky for me, my efforts did no damage to that, but I'm left with an even grungier Inspire than before.

I'd be grateful for suggestions. And ever more grateful if anyone wants to sell me a proper replacement.

Wes

Last edited:

A hard landing broke one of the white tubes on the front landing feet. I asked about it and several folks said there was nothing inside such as an antenna, and it could be removed and replaced with something similar.

Wrong.

I broke off the damaged bottom of the tube, found a spring for the shock absorbing function, but also found what I take to be an antenna. Lucky for me, my efforts did no damage to that, but I'm left with an even grungier Inspire than before.

I'd be grateful for suggestions. And ever more grateful if anyone wants to sell me a proper replacement.

Wes

Shock Absorbers - Linear Dampers - Bansbach Easylift

Last edited:

Wrong.

Wes
Looks like you have broken the landing gear shock absorber. You may have also noticed that it was also filled with a oil as well.
Unfortunately, You will have to replace the whole landing gear. The antenna is located on the outside of the landing gear with the inspire sticker on the front. There are 4 screws on the inside of the landing gear that hold the antenna in place along with the main mounting hardware of the motor.
The shock is not available by itself. You can locate this part on flea bay.
DJI Inspire 1 T600 Drone Part 9 Landing Gear w/ LED, TX/RX Antenna Quad Copter
Good luck with the repair but be cautious as re soldering the antenna lead (coaxial) can be difficult.
Good Luck,, BB

Last edited:
what do you suppose the wire is in the photo?
If what you think is a wire is just part of the absorber not the antenna itself. You need to replace the whole landing gear (foot).
It serves a major purpose for landing the bird. Just like landing your car from 3 feet off the ground?:rolleyes: No! just kidding! You get my point though!
Shock absorbers are there for a reason. However, they do not keep the bird from flying. You can rig the bird with what you think will work, but I always go OEM.
Again, Good Luck!

The wire I found inside the white tube of the foot was not an antenna but rather, there for part of the necessary flexibility of the foot, working with a small spring. To fly...not essential but ugly with one white tube gone.

• Solution: ordered replacement foot from eBay @ $60.00
• Today's work-around until new parts arrive: a short piece of wood dowel painted white

Used rubber cement for temporary fixation and to prevent any vibration as the dowel is just a little loose on the foot.

GOTTA KEEP FLYING!

white dowwel.png

All 4 of my tubes are broken I'm not sure how, I believe it happened when I was putting it in travel mode and it went fairly beyond that happen when in the first week I've been flying it for six months with no problems this is the first info I've seen on a broken tube I've wrote a couple times to Dji and heard nothing back

Wrong.

Wes
I broke mine, too, or rather a careless individual accidently kicked it. I noticed the spring inside and realized what it was for...there was also oil inside!...I taped it up and continued using it until DronesPlus in Las Vegas provided the replacement.

A pack of white Sugru will fix that. They sell it at Target now. Www.sugru.com

Same thing happened to one of mine. I intend on using sugru to fix but have just been to lazy to h get it done lately.

Skynet 1. Thanks for your reply. Have you tried these 37 mm dampers? They are certainly much cheaper than buying a whole new foot.

Skynet 1. Thanks for your reply. Have you tried these 37 mm dampers? They are certainly much cheaper than buying a whole new foot.

Actually no, I hadn't found the need as yet, but simply passing on some information I had read on another forum, and thought they were cheap enough to give a try.
They do appear very close in dimensions, and very likely used in the fabrication of the support leg. As you've mentioned they are reasonably priced compared to ordering an entire leg assembly.

Btw, If any of you guys decide to order them to make the repair please let us know how you made out. These shocks aren't very forgiving, and it appears many may have use of them.

Again if you decide to make the repair and have the shock portion disassembled from the entire leg assembly, you would probably be in a much better position to match what you have before you to what is being offered from the company on the link provided.

Last edited:
Really folks, a simple properly sized dowel painted flat white does the job as good is any DJI shock absorber foot. I first use the dowel as a temporary measure well the replacement DJI foot was on order however for the last year the DJI foot has remained in its bag in a drawer as an unnecessary purchase. The simple wooden dowel was the best and most economical solution as well as the easiest one. So it meets all the business criteria for your 5 cent investment: faster, easier, and less expensive, All while doing the job perfectly.

Really folks, a simple properly sized dowel painted flat white does the job as good is any DJI shock absorber foot. I first use the dowel as a temporary measure well the replacement DJI foot was on order however for the last year the DJI foot has remained in its bag in a drawer as an unnecessary purchase. The simple wooden dowel was the best and most economical solution as well as the easiest one. So it meets all the business criteria for your 5 cent investment: faster, easier, and less expensive, All while doing the job perfectly.
I tend to agree. going to get some white fiberglass dowel. Think I saw some at home depot. used for marking driveways in the winter. 3/8" should fit perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop