Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Buying a used/ refurbished Inspire 1

Reaction score
Getting a unit that the guy says is a refurbished unit that he acquired from DJI but he never actually flew.
Other than the physical inspection of the unit, what else should I review before buying?
If it is a refurbished unit from DJI, would it have a warranty honored by them?
The guy says he has all the oaperwork.

Demented1,

I want to say, that with such a new, expensive device, there are too many ways that it can go wrong. If the I1 was a year old and firmware updates made it much more stable, it would be easier to determine if you have a good buy vs. a lemon. Even if you have a warranty, many users complain that I1s take weeks to come back and your money would basically be stuck in LA.

It is just too costly to take such a chance. That is my opinion and mine alone.

I bought mine second hand, it was bought in the UK in February for £2380 and the guy also bought the 5700mah battery which came to appox £2,500 or 38467 USD

I drove 300 miles as a round trip to collect it,, but I bought it for £1700 complete.. and the only ting missing was a prop which he broke on a take off.. other than that its mint

Saving me £800 or 1230 USD....
So buy second hand is safe as long as you do your homework or take a friend who knows about these things

I have flown it about 5 times now and love it

Mike in UK

Reactions: Demented1
Is it me, or do all new Inspire1 have fear of their first flight?
I'm doing nothing but reading until flight time tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for the info.

I also bought mine second hand, had been flown for 7 min and in as new condition. I'm also getting support from the dealer as I have the receipt, and saved £300 over a brand new one.

Reactions: Demented1
Is it me, or do all new Inspire1 have fear of their first flight?
I'm doing nothing but reading until flight time tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for the info.

Its the unknown............... and then ... It's relief as it flys mint ....... and then you think ..... it's just like my phantom but bigger lol

If you buy second hand, do you have access to logging information, or any other data that the seller can provide before you hand over the cash? Then when you get the item you could possibly check the data again to make sure it is the same

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool