Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

camera stop photo after recording video 1080/60P

Reaction score
Hi, some of you have exprerienced with similar problem?
Issue:
During a video recording 1920x1080 60 p the video was recorder.
After I switch to Photo and try to shoot but the Photos are not recorded in the card.
Try to reset camera setting and retried to shoot photo but nothing.
After the formatting of the card the photo are recorded .
If in the same session i switch to video ( 60p) and then again to photo, they are again not recorded in the card.

Manuele

Definitely isn't a "bug" as nobody else ever reported that, more like a defect. Might be worth trying to format the card, and trying another one if it persists.

Note that after stopping a video recording you might need to wait a few seconds for the file to be closed etc until you can take a photo.

Definitely isn't a "bug" as nobody else ever reported that, more like a defect. Might be worth trying to format the card, and trying another one if it persists.

Note that after stopping a video recording you might need to wait a few seconds for the file to be closed etc until you can take a photo.
Hi Kilrah, i tried several times, formatting card and waiting after stop recording. The photo doesn't shot. If you are able to try this test let me know your results.

i know if mine is recording video i have to land and stop the bird and then switch to photo mode. i does not seem to record the photos if i try it in the air. give this a try and see if it work.
it seems i have to choose one or the other in each flight. of course you have to turn off the video before the motors so the video is finalized too. if you forget simply record a few seconds of video and stop it and the previous video will be usable.
i have 6 files that can't be read at this point.. i learned the hard way..

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with the video recording after 9 min 22 seconds or 4 GB file size in 4K mov.The pilot app stop the recording automatically. I use inspire 1 v1, firmware 1.9.1.30 and iPad Air 2 Ios 10'pilot app 3.01.
Somebody knows something about this problem? SD class 10.UHS formatting exFat.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.PNG
    IMG_0734.PNG
    318.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with the video recording after 9 min 22 seconds or 4 GB file size in 4K mov.The pilot app stop the recording automatically. I use inspire 1 v1, firmware 1.9.1.30 and iPad Air 2 Ios 10'pilot app 3.01.
Somebody knows something about this problem? SD class 10.UHS formatting exFat.
Are you absolutely sure it is formatted exFat?
It seems too much of a coincidence that the files are stopping at 4Gb which is Fat32 limitation

Maybe yes. But I have too check again. I have formatted my micro SD with pilot app.
I tried to change the file format from MOV tu MP4 and I make 14 min continuous movie without any problem. unfortunately at the moment I can't check the MP4 size
Is mp4 more compressed then MOV format?
Thank a lot
Vittorio

Maybe yes. But I have too check again. I have formatted my micro SD with pilot app.
I tried to change the file format from MOV tu MP4 and I make 14 min continuous movie without any problem. unfortunately at the moment I can't check the MP4 size
Is mp4 more compressed then MOV format?
Thank a lot
Vittorio
No, it is the same codec (H264) so exactly the same compression. It is just the wrapper (container) that is different between .MOV and MP4. :)

I have found that during the recording the timer normally flows coming over 15 min. when I go to see the files, I find out that they are separated. a 9 minute file and 22 seconds (about 4GB) and a smaller one that completes the recording. This happens either with MOV files with MP4 files. I checked and the cards are formatted in exFAT system.
Then the recording stops and restarts itself after reaching the 4GB or 9 minutes in 4K / 30fps.
How can this happen ? There's some absurd setap to changing in pilot app?

No, that's just how it is. They didn't bother coding different methods to split at 4GB when necessary and make a single file when possible (ExFAT), and just always split regardless of the format.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry