Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can you adjust the maximum speed??.

Reaction score
I use the I1 to make vids from the buildings we build, so it doesn't have to go fast. Is there a way to set the maximum speed to something like 5 mph/h??.

If not, maybe this would be a great idea for future updates..........

Yes there is but it is a 3 step process and some may find it slightly messy.

1) find a small tomahawk
2) place your right hand on a chopping block with the right thumb extended
3) bring down the tomahawk swiftly onto the outstretched thumb. The further toward the hand that the amputation occurs, the slower the future speed of your Inspire will be. I'd suggest about halfway between the middle joint and the hand should work out at about 5mph.

Hope that helps!!

I use the I1 to make vids from the buildings we build, so it doesn't have to go fast. Is there a way to set the maximum speed to something like 5 mph/h??.

If not, maybe this would be a great idea for future updates..........

I notice some are able to edit their films and slow or speed up the play with their editor.

Cute. However is there any really helpful information on how the gains effect the controls and could that help to soften the changes of attitude? Soft touch on the controls can't be the only way. How much does a change in gain of say 1 or 2 units effect the flight characteristics ? Anybody?

i cheked on a post about gain on foward motion (right stick up) i set it to 90 from 100 and the breaking / stopping out of foward motion was noticable smoother than just stop like taking an ax and cut off the way forward....

so i only changed that and started with 10 units... i havent experimented with the other yet...

hope that helped.

Yes thanks thats the kind of info I was looking for but hope someone else will comment on the other gains as well. Turning speed, crabbing rate, etc. Don't want to put it in the ocean by over tweaking. Also I believe this is true for the gimbal. Also can the gains be adjusted in flight or only at rest?

Guys, be very careful with gain adjustments.
If you have to ask what they do you really shouldn't be messing with them.
You need to have a sound understanding in PID feedback (Proportional, Integral, Derivative) and the interplay between how they are intrinsically linked together with the affects of altering gain parameters and the outcome.
If you want to keep your Inspire intact and do not FULLY understand what effect changing values will have I would leave well alone.

Let me try to clarify. I would like to be able to rotate a hovering copter with a slower rate of change. Yes lighter touch on the control but maybe different curve on the control would be helpful. No idea how this could be done but what to learn. Thats part of the hobby for me, understanding just whats going on and how its done. Thanks for the replies. (not sure I'll be smart enough to understand but want to give it a try.)

Let me try to clarify. I would like to be able to rotate a hovering copter with a slower rate of change. Yes lighter touch on the control but maybe different curve on the control would be helpful. No idea how this could be done but what to learn. Thats part of the hobby for me, understanding just whats going on and how its done. Thanks for the replies. (not sure I'll be smart enough to understand but want to give it a try.)
Later firmware versions will give more expo control over all the channels (hopefully) but this will only have the effect of desensitizing at mid stick.
What you want to achieve is very easily done with more advanced RC transmitters using dual rates but is beyond the INSPIRE's current capabilities.
For now, I'm afraid the only way to get a slow yaw or slow flight is to hone your stick skills.
Maybe if you are using your thumbs to fly, try pinching the sticks between thumb and forefinger which gives finer motor muscle control.
It will come with practice......I promise. :)

Later firmware versions will give more expo control over all the channels (hopefully) but this will only have the effect of desensitizing at mid stick.
What you want to achieve is very easily done with more advanced RC transmitters using dual rates but is beyond the INSPIRE's current capabilities.
For now, I'm afraid the only way to get a slow yaw or slow flight is to hone your stick skills.
Maybe if you are using your thumbs to fly, try pinching the sticks between thumb and forefinger which gives finer motor muscle control.
It will come with practice......I promise. :)[/QUOTE
I have read in earlier(January) posts that it is possible to adjust the 'Stick Expo Curve'. But I can't seem to find that adjustment or instructions in the manual on how to adjust it. can anyone tell me where to find it or it's still an adjustment that can be made?

Thanks to The Editor for that reply and Yes I need more hours and will for sure try the "pinch" method.
The reply from DHTV was interesting and look forward to any additional reply regarding "Stick Expo Curve"

Yes you can adjust expo on certain channels (throttle for example) but this only has the effect of desensitizing at mid stick and then only between 0.3 - 0.7 positive or negative curve. Unfortunately, this does not really achieve what the OP was after compared to what dual rates/adjustable throw would give.

It will come with practice......I promise. :)
agree :)

Could anyone post a good resource for learning about stick expo curve gains derivative of all of that stuff for someone who might not know that much about it, not that that person is me, I know, but you know lol

Reactions: Ninja

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop