Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can you fly the I1 with landing gear motor disconnected

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, I new here but not to drones. Currently have and I1, P4P, Mavic Pro, Spark, P2 GoPro, and a Yuneec H.

My new to me Inspire 1 has the landing gear motor gear issue (sound like the gear is off the motor shaft) and while I wait for parts I was wondering if the bird can be flown with the gear down and the motor disconnected. I would hate to fly it and then have the gear manage to raise the legs. It does try to move the legs but you can here it whine.

Also, I saw a listing on flea bay for the motor only out of Hong Kong. Has anyone tried that successfully. Meaning are they legit? Much easier and cheaper that the whole center frame.

Thanks in advance

Yes you can fly with the gear down and the gear servo unplugged you might get an landing gear error on the app though. as far as the gear coming up on you in flight is unlikely as long as no components have been removed from the worm drive assembly. if you have auto gear up set in the app you might wanna turn that off.

Yes you can fly with the gear down and the gear servo unplugged you might get an landing gear error on the app though. as far as the gear coming up on you in flight is unlikely as long as no components have been removed from the worm drive assembly. if you have auto gear up set in the app you might wanna turn that off.

Thanks for that. Now I just hope someone ordered the motor only off fleabay. Nervous about that coming from Hong Kong. Wish I could US source just the motor.

I don’t think you can replace just the motor, and it’s probably the gear that’s striped. Happened to me and and I had to replace the entire Center Frame because mine would not come apart. I had to cut the old center Frame in half to get everything apart

Reactions: oldcomputech
Well if I assist with a screw driver the gear will go up and down with the servo. Shaft seems straight on the lead screw. No binding going up and down now that I have it lubed. If that server motor is legit it should fix the problem.

Well I bit the bullet and have a used center frame coming and also ordered the servo only off Fleabay for $47 out of China. Tracking so far has been good on the servo. Arrival expected around Sept 17. I will post pics of the servo replacement process when it arrives. The used part was ordered to have a spare and should get here around the 12th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan