Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help! Two Major Issues with my Inspire 2

GFields

Staff Member
Reaction score
Website
digitalphotocreations.co
I am having two major issues with my Inspire 2.

1. The landing gear will not raise. Regardless of what I have tried I cannot not get them to raise. I have read hundreds of articles like this one, but nothing works. I have reset firmware back to factory and reupdated - nothing works. I have contacted DJI via online chat twice and after a lengthy discussion, filled out their form (twice) and was told I would receive an email within 24-38 hours (twice) but haven't got the first one. Needless to say, I pretty frustrated.

*Background information that might help - I crashed the drone a few months back and had it repaired by DJI. They replaced both legs. Also, this may be in my head, but I don't remember having this issue before using the Condense Controller with a configured "landing gear" function. I have tried using the stock controller, but still won't work.

2. The second issue is that the Inspire will not fly faster than 4-5 mph (in normal mode). I have read many articles on this as well. I have tried adjusting the dials on the left and right, but nothing changes.

I am submitting this in hope that someone can maybe tell me what I may have over-looked or have not tried. I am going to call DJI support the first of the week. I have a job today but since the landing gear won't raise and the speed issue, I'm going to use my P4P instead.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1) Is the Inspire stuck in landing mode, or can you activate the travel mode by pressing the I2's power button 5 times in quick succession? (Might be 6 times, can't remember it's been that long since I activated it!). If you can't move between landing mode and travel mode, then it sounds like there's an issue with the landing gear motor/screw. I've never had to do this myself... There's a screwdriver that was originally shipped with the I2 - it fits the small screw in the opening in the belly of the I2 underneath the landing gear motor and can be used to manually move the gear. if the gear is stuck, then you may be able to turn this screw to begin to move it and free up the gear.

2) Rebind the original I2 Remote controller to the I2, then fly the I2. Make sure you're in a standard flight mode and not using any of the intelligent flight modes (POI, tracking, tripod etc). Once in the air, try switching the mode to ATTI and see if that clears the speed issue. If it does, then switch back to sport or p-gps mode... if the issue returns, it's a setting problem somewhere in DJI go 4. If it doesn't return and the I2 flys ok with the original RC, but has a problem with the Cedence RC... then it's probably a setting issue on the Cedence controller.

For 2), you might also want to double check you're signed in with your DJI username and password.... just to make sure it isn't setting any of the 'not logged in' flight restrictions.

Hope something in there helps....

1) Is the Inspire stuck in landing mode, or can you activate the travel mode by pressing the I2's power button 5 times in quick succession? (Might be 6 times, can't remember it's been that long since I activated it!). If you can't move between landing mode and travel mode, then it sounds like there's an issue with the landing gear motor/screw. I've never had to do this myself... There's a screwdriver that was originally shipped with the I2 - it fits the small screw in the opening in the belly of the I2 underneath the landing gear motor and can be used to manually move the gear. if the gear is stuck, then you may be able to turn this screw to begin to move it and free up the gear.

2) Rebind the original I2 Remote controller to the I2, then fly the I2. Make sure you're in a standard flight mode and not using any of the intelligent flight modes (POI, tracking, tripod etc). Once in the air, try switching the mode to ATTI and see if that clears the speed issue. If it does, then switch back to sport or p-gps mode... if the issue returns, it's a setting problem somewhere in DJI go 4. If it doesn't return and the I2 flys ok with the original RC, but has a problem with the Cedence RC... then it's probably a setting issue on the Cedence controller.

For 2), you might also want to double check you're signed in with your DJI username and password.... just to make sure it isn't setting any of the 'not logged in' flight restrictions.

Hope something in there helps....

Thank you for replying

I am unable to get it out of "landing mode" using any method. Pressing the power button 5 times does nothing (if the I2 is off when I try that, it starts up the I2 up)
I have relinked the stock controller but still won't work. I bought the I2 from an ebay seller and there was no screwdiver with it. I'll look to see if I might have something in my tools that will work.

Yes, I'm logged in and no fly restictions.

You're thinking along the same lines I have. I have tried everything you suggest with no results. I removed the ssd and it worked fine for one day. I have tried that again but now it doesn't work even removing the ssd. When I told DJI support that, they pretty much overlooked that as a cause.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
be careful turning the bottom screw as I believe it can be quite 'tight' at first.

only other thing I can suggest for you to try is to downgrade the firmware to the previous version using assistant 2, restart, recalibrate the vision system using the spotty card and Assistant 2, then calibrate your rc sticks, then IMU and finally Compass... if that lot doesn't improve anything (gear movement and speed issues) then it's a return trip to DJI or a dealer for a thorough checkup...

Last edited:
For the Flying Speed issue it has to do with the side wheels on your Cendence RC. You can roll those forward and backward to control the speed. I had the same issue happen to me. It was something they were going to rollout but I missed that it had been included in a firmware update and I was trying to fly faster than that slow speed and couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Drove me crazy. Someone on the thread pointed out that the wheels have now been activated and by default I guess one of them is tied to speed. I can't remember if it was the left or right but you can open up the app and check what they are assigned to. For mine they had 1 for speed of aircraft and the other was for the gimbal speed so that I could adjust the speed on the fly.

For Landing gear on my I2, I have a button programmed for it and I have to press it twice for it to activate. It's strange. I press it twice and the landing gear will come down and then from there on I can press once and it will go up or down with a single press. I have my I2 set to auto raise the landing gear so I don't have to press the button until I want to land. Or I could just bring it in and the I2 will automatically lower, but I like to have it lowered prior to coming down too far.

I found an option in the Advanced Settings under the first icon, the drone prop one, that is for Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock. That may be locking your gear. There's also the choice for Self-Adaptive Landing Gear that you can enable and disable. Something to try at least. And I noticed that you can program a button to lock and unlock gear. Maybe one of your buttons was programmed by an update and you accidentally hit it. Wouldn't surprise me with DJI. They like to mess with our settings after a firmware update. :)

1. The landing gear will not raise. Regardless of what I have tried I cannot not get them to raise. I have read hundreds of articles like this one, but nothing works. I have reset firmware back to factory and reupdated - nothing works. I have contacted DJI via online chat twice and after a lengthy discussion, filled out their form (twice) and was told I would receive an email within 24-38 hours (twice) but haven't got the first one. Needless to say, I pretty frustrated.

*Background information that might help - I crashed the drone a few months back and had it repaired by DJI. They replaced both legs. Also, this may be in my head, but I don't remember having this issue before using the Condense Controller with a configured "landing gear" function. I have tried using the stock controller, but still won't work.

2. The second issue is that the Inspire will not fly faster than 4-5 mph (in normal mode). I have read many articles on this as well. I have tried adjusting the dials on the left and right, but nothing changes.

I am submitting this in hope that someone can maybe tell me what I may have over-looked or have not tried. I am going to call DJI support the first of the week. I have a job today but since the landing gear won't raise and the speed issue, I'm going to use my P4P instead.

I had the same problem and nothing would fix it. I purchased a new assembly and replaced it. There is a component in the electronics that goes bad, I think its a FET that handles the current to the motor. I hold mine up now every time I take t out of travel mode to make the current load lighter on the motor.

*Update*

I sent the Inspire 2 to DJI for repair. It should be covered by warranty, however my experience with DJI is they will try to find a way to charge me for the repair. I had sent the drone to them for repair back in June following a crash that broked both arms on the landing gear. Prior to the crash I didn't have this issue. I think @Roostertail problem is what is going on with mine. At any rate, I post what DJI says about it.

As far as the speed issue (flying slow), for no reason that I can note, it starting to fly normally.

I am wondering if these issues are electrical in nature. We shall see.

Thank to all for your help

I had some what of the same issue my Inspire 2 was three days old when I lifted off, the landing gear went up and when attempting to land would not come down. I had to catch the drone in my hands then turn off the motors. I took my two day old Inspire 2 back to the shop I bought it from. One hour of trouble shooting still no go. They replaced my drone with a new one off the shelf and no issues from that point on. You have two choices either return it back to the shop where you brought it from or complete a DJI trouble ticket and ship it a repair facility. That other issue is a DJI repair ticket issue you have a warrantee, use it. Let me say one thing about returning it back to the place purchased. I've been doing business with them for a little more then two yours and this is the forth drone I've purchased from them.
It you have the Cendence controller their is a switch that controls the landing gear. good luck they will need a copy of your purchase receipt, you will probably loose your drone for a week or two.

Last edited:
I had some what of the same issue my Inspire 2 was three days old when I lifted off, the landing gear went up and when attempting to land would not come down. I had to catch the drone in my hands then turn off the motors. I took my two day old Inspire 2 back to the shop I bought it from. One hour of trouble shooting still no go. They replaced my drone with a new one off the shelf and no issues from that point on. You have two choices either return it back to the shop where you brought it from or complete a DJI trouble ticket and ship it a repair facility. That other issue is a DJI repair ticket issue you have a warrantee, use it. Let me say one thing about returning it back to the place purchased. I've been doing business with them for a little more then two yours and this is the forth drone I've purchased from them.
It you have the Cendence controller their is a switch that controls the landing gear. good luck they will need a copy of your purchase receipt, you will probably loose your drone for a week or two.
At least a week or two!! Had the same problem with DJI and it took 10 days before I got it back.

I sent the Inspire 2 back to DJI to see if they would fix the landing gear issue. I received an invoice today and they say they need to replace the same components they did in June. This doesn't seem right to me. They are charging me for the exact same things they were suppose to have fixed in June. Their response was that "I should have told hem earlier that I was having more/additional issues with the landing gear!

*Background*
Crashed Drone last of May. Sent to DJI for repair. Items in RED are the duplicates

Here's the repair/replacements 6/1/2018

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)

Landing Gear Mounting Piece 2 9.00 18.00
FPV Gimbal and Camera Module 1 67.00 67.00
Motor CCW 1 39.00 39.00
Sweepback Right Arm Module (Including Right Main Arm & Right External Arm) 1 80.00 80.00
Motor CW 1 39.00 39.00
Middle Frame Module 1 163.00 163.00

Nose Cover (Magnesium Alloy) 1 5.00 5.00

Sweepback Left Arm Module (Including Left Main Arm & Left External Arm) 1 80.00 80.00
ESC Board Module 2 27.00 54.00
Repair Service Fee 3 65.00/H 195.00

Here's the invoice that I received today 8/29/2018

Upper Shell Module 1 19.00 19.00 (nothing was wrong with it not even a scratch)
FPV Gimbal and Camera Module 1 67.00 67.00 (there was nothing wrong here either time)
GPS Cover 1 1.00 1.00

I feel like I am being gouged, even abused. What would you do?

Last edited:
I sent the Inspire 2 back to DJI to see if they would fix the landing gear issue. I received an invoice today and they say they need to replace the same components they did in June. This doesn't seem right to me. They are charging me for the exact same things they were suppose to have fixed in June. Their response was that "I should have told hem earlier that I was having more/additional issues with the landing gear!

*Background*
Crashed Drone last of May. Sent to DJI for repair. Items in RED are the duplicates

Here's the repair/replacements 6/1/2018

Landing Gear Mounting Piece 2 9.00 18.00
FPV Gimbal and Camera Module 1 67.00 67.00
Motor CCW 1 39.00 39.00
Sweepback Right Arm Module (Including Right Main Arm & Right External Arm) 1 80.00 80.00
Motor CW 1 39.00 39.00

Sweepback Left Arm Module (Including Left Main Arm & Left External Arm) 1 80.00 80.00
ESC Board Module 2 27.00 54.00

Here's the invoice that I received today 8/29/2018

Upper Shell Module 1 19.00 19.00 (nothing was wrong with it not even a scratch)
FPV Gimbal and Camera Module 1 67.00 67.00 (there was nothing wrong here either time)
GPS Cover 1 1.00 1.00

I feel like I am being gouged, even abused. What would you do?
I had a similar problem with them and actually there’s not much you can do at this point. It’s already in their hands and unless you wanna pay for return shipping to get it back then you only have one choice and that’s to pay for it again. Sad but true. Unless someone else knows of a different way to deal with it than I do.

responding to this old post, I have replaced many center assemblies. the gear on the motor just slips on the shaft, there is no set screw . its pressed on there and eventually spins instead of grabbing. New center assemblies $249 used about $150 if you can find one. I bought the gear 1.48mm hole 11T (teeth) on inspire 1 or 1 V2 maybe the same on an inspire 2, gonna try pressing a new gear on my bad motors.
watch a youtube video before disassembly, you have to heat up the screws because there is locktite on them or they will snap off. gear

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamwalker4963