Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cannot get Inspire 1 into travel mode

AHH - I had this issue this morning trying to leave for work. I HATE YOU BEDROOM CARPET! Now that I'm at work I can relax ::sigh:: I had never trying to put in into travel mode on the carpet before until this morning and yeah. Thanks guys for this thread - I'll trying my hardwood floor or my pool table when I get home.

AHH - I had this issue this morning trying to leave for work. I HATE YOU BEDROOM CARPET! Now that I'm at work I can relax ::sigh:: I had never trying to put in into travel mode on the carpet before until this morning and yeah. Thanks guys for this thread - I'll trying my hardwood floor or my pool table when I get home.
I know exactly what you went thru :D It was the same with me, on wood - absolute no problem!

Reactions: billemarcum
I seem to have a little problem to get my inspire into travelmode. When i flip the rth home switch 4 times then it raises the legs like in fly mode - sensor touch floor, and it lowers the legs again. Have any off you had this problem?

I also tried to go in to DJI GO and put it in travel mode, but same result.
I had the same issue after the 1.2.1.06bin update and mine just would not go into travel mode - any other mode, but not travel and the camera would get blistering hot - I eventually had to send it in ( I sent it on june 3rd it arrived june 5th and DJI sent a confirmation email that it is in the pipeline on june 14th they have had it since then and I have not heard a word from them but I know they are back logged in Torrance Ca. so I will be patient) You may ask well how did I ship it if it didn't go into travel mode and can't fit in it's case?.....I pulled the battery at the time it was moving to landing (or flying mode) mode and just as it got to the point of being able to fit in it's case ...Snatch the battery out (DJI does not recommend this but I had NO choice!) that cuts the power and was able to squeeze it in it's case. I've been flying my voyager3 instead Inspire was Hydrodipped with the blood spatter pattern.20150511_171004.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
....I pulled the battery at the time it was moving to landing (or flying mode) mode and just as it got to the point of being able to fit in it's case ...Snatch the battery out (DJI does not recommend this but I had NO choice!) that cuts the power and was able to squeeze it in it's case.

Or you could have just flipped it over and put a screwdriver in the worm screw drive and turned it until it was in travel mode.
The chances are if you had done that the problem would have been solved in any case as they stick from time to time - would have saved you sending it in.
Its well documented over this forum. :)

Reactions: Busch
FYI, I've had one case where the Inspire wouldn't go into travel mode on an appropriate surface, and wouldn't even make the attempt. It was after a flight where the DJI Pilot app had crashed while in the air, and my hypothesis is that the restarted app had a landing-gear state mismatch with the aircraft. The app said it was in travel mode, but the aircraft was physically in flight mode. Toggling the landing-gear toggle 4x didn't help, and in the app it said "Exit Travel Mode" on the appropriate button. Cycling power on everything didn't help.

This was resolved by swapping the battery. I think swapping the battery forced a re-synch of the landing gear state between the aircraft and the app, which then realized the AC was in flight mode. I could then put it into travel mode, swapped in the original battery, exited travel mode, and everything was in synch again.

Wierd, but I saw it myself. Why the app didn't re-synch state with the AC when it was power cycled is strange. My only guess is that the app looks at the serial number or other identifier of the battery, and if it's the same as the previous one, it trusts it's current state and doesn't re-synch. Dunno.

mTp

Last edited:
Sorry for jumping in on this thread but have you tried toggling the switch 4 times then removing the gimbal when the inspire is still powered up. As soon as you remove the gimbal the inspire auto goes into travel mode. Don't know if you've already tried this.

Check out the release notes in the below link & have a look at bullet point number 6.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire_1_Release_Notes_en_0813.pdf
Yes - as stated in previous messages - then the issue is solved on hardwood floor

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Or you could have just flipped it over and put a screwdriver in the worm screw drive and turned it until it was in travel mode.
The chances are if you had done that the problem would have been solved in any case as they stick from time to time - would have saved you sending it in.
Its well documented over this forum. :)
Thank you! for the reminder, But as I said the FW update messed the bird up. What I failed to mention is that the controller had an issue as well during that FW update and that was partly the reason it had to be sent in, so just manually screwing it into travel mode would not have solved my problem! Thanx.

FYI, I've had one case where the Inspire wouldn't go into travel mode on an appropriate surface, and wouldn't even make the attempt. It was after a flight where the DJI Pilot app had crashed while in the air, and my hypothesis is that the restarted app had a landing-gear state mismatch with the aircraft. The app said it was in travel mode, but the aircraft was physically in flight mode. Toggling the landing-gear toggle 4x didn't help, and in the app it said "Exit Travel Mode" on the appropriate button. Cycling power on everything didn't help.

This was resolved by swapping the battery. I think swapping the battery forced a re-synch of the landing gear state between the aircraft and the app, which then realized the AC was in flight mode. I could then put it into travel mode, swapped in the original battery, exited travel mode, and everything was in synch again.

Wierd, but I saw it myself. Why the app didn't re-synch state with the AC when it was power cycled is strange. My only guess is that the app looks at the serial number or other identifier of the battery, and if it's the same as the previous one, it trusts it's current state and doesn't re-synch. Dunno.

mTp
I tried it on cement, carpet, tile, cardboard, on the case itself this thing was messed up and the controller was too!. Thanx.

mTp
I tried with a T47 & A 48 battery!! Thanx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84