Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Case size for I2 as shipped from DJI

Reaction score
Case size measure 58cm x 54cm x 26cm

so exceeds the carry on size for most airlines.

Therefore need to take batteries and for some airlines also the remote in your carry on.

I spoke to KLM today and was informed that if the batteries don't have a box supplied by DJI then i will need to wrap the terminals of each battery to ensure these cant be short circuited. Cling film and in its own plastic bag was acceptable.

The RC in carry on because the battery can't be removed !

Charge state should be as defined by DJI at about 30%. (one LED on when checked) if these rules are not followed you could have them confiscated.

KLM also mentioned it depends on the strictness of the air port security and also transit airports. There have been cases that batteries have been confiscated at check in for transit flight in airports like Dubai.

So a little forward planning is worth the effort i think

Reactions: Maverik
Case size measure 58cm x 54cm x 26cm

so exceeds the carry on size for most airlines.

Therefore need to take batteries and for some airlines also the remote in your carry on.

I spoke to KLM today and was informed that if the batteries don't have a box supplied by DJI then i will need to wrap the terminals of each battery to ensure these cant be short circuited. Cling film and in its own plastic bag was acceptable.

The RC in carry on because the battery can't be removed !

Charge state should be as defined by DJI at about 30%. (one LED on when checked) if these rules are not followed you could have them confiscated.

KLM also mentioned it depends on the strictness of the air port security and also transit airports. There have been cases that batteries have been confiscated at check in for transit flight in airports like Dubai.

So a little forward planning is worth the effort i think

Very good info.. Seems we will need to be thinking this through before jumping on a flight.

Tried carrying the Inspire 2 case on a Delta flight in Hawaii last week. Got on board with it but they were the older style overhead bins (not the ones that drop down) so there was no way to store it anywhere on board. Had to gate check :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz