Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cell tower & high voltage line inspections

Reaction score
Hi pilots o/

First day on the forums and already have questions :)

I was just wondering if anyone on here has (preferably first hand) experience with inspecting cell towers and high voltage lines.

Do you get interference from either? Transmitter, video or both loss? Do you fly in GPS or ATTI? Do cell tower operators shut down the tower (or part of) for the inspection similar to how they might do for a climber? How close do you get to the tower? How do you approach the tower? Do you wet your pants?

Stuff like that is intriguing me at the moment. I have found a few videos of successful inspections, not with an Inspire though. Curious how the data link holds up and what it's tolerance is like.

Hi pilots o/

First day on the forums and already have questions :)

I was just wondering if anyone on here has (preferably first hand) experience with inspecting cell towers and high voltage lines.

Do you get interference from either? Transmitter, video or both loss? Do you fly in GPS or ATTI? Do cell tower operators shut down the tower (or part of) for the inspection similar to how they might do for a climber? How close do you get to the tower? How do you approach the tower? Do you wet your pants?

Stuff like that is intriguing me at the moment. I have found a few videos of successful inspections, not with an Inspire though. Curious how the data link holds up and what it's tolerance is like.

Maybe this thread would be of some help to you:
New Payload Video Camera with 30x Optical Zoom | DJI Inspire Forum

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide