Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence woes

Reaction score
New owner of Cendence. I like the radio but there are a few things which I find a bit disappointing, with current FW 030 anyway. The side levers RS and LS do not do anything. The Focus knob functionality with X4S is random and intermittent. Most of the time it does not work at all.
I wished there were more options assignable to the programable buttons. For example quick access to Camera Gimbal Adjustment. Or landing gear manual operation assignable to the center button of the selector wheel which does not have any function with current FW ( why DJI, why??? ). Or removing completely the FPV window from the screen. When in Menu I do not understand the difference between Single and Master Menu.I am a single operator. I understand the purpose of Master and Slave but what is Single for? It always seem to default to Master anyway. That's it for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
With the latest FW the right and left sliders control speed and yaw sensitivity. DJI has not provided any documentation on this added function quite yet but we have done plenty of testing and like the added feature, I’m sure DJI will expound on this functionality soon.

From what we are aware, Single and Master are being using interchangeably.

We hope to see DJI continue to expand on the capabilities and programming abilities for the different option setups available on the Cendence. Thank you for your feedback and we and folks like yourself will continue to provide the necessary feedback to DJI HQ for additional features in subsequent FW updates. Safe flying and enjoy the Cendence!

Thanks for your reply. As far as I know the latest FW 045 with the RS and LS functionality is not yet available for general public. Any idea when it will be released? I hope the Focus wheel issue will be fixed and other features added.

With the latest FW the right and left sliders control speed and yaw sensitivity. DJI has not provided any documentation on this added function quite yet but we have done plenty of testing and like the added feature, I’m sure DJI will expound on this functionality soon.

We hope to see DJI continue to expand on the capabilities and programming abilities for the different option setups available on the Cendence. Thank you for your feedback and we and folks like yourself will continue to provide the necessary feedback to DJI HQ for additional features in subsequent FW updates. Safe flying and enjoy the Cendence!

Thanks for your reply. As far as I know the latest FW 045 with the RS and LS functionality is not yet available for general public. Any idea when it will be released? I hope the Focus wheel issue will be fixed and other features added.

No problem. It should be there. In forward max speed flight try moving the right slider and seeing if the aircraft changes speed while holding a max forward movement on the right stick.

On Friday we worked with a client that had a very early Cendence and even with the latest FW across the board and slider positions in correct positions the aircraft was limited to very slow speeds (even in sport mode) and the sliders did not have any impact. Since then we’ve tried a number of Cendence remotes and sliders have been responsive on all for both speed and yaw sensitively. That Cendence was deemed faulty as it had a couple other issues besides just the limited speed of the aircraft when using that Cendence (tried on multiple aircraft).

Curious to see what you find...

No problem. It should be there. In forward max speed flight try moving the right slider and seeing if the aircraft changes speed while holding a max forward movement on the right stick.

On Friday we worked with a client that had a very early Cendence and even with the latest FW across the board and slider positions in correct positions the aircraft was limited to very slow speeds (even in sport mode) and the sliders did not have any impact. Since then we’ve tried a number of Cendence remotes and sliders have been responsive on all for both speed and yaw sensitively. That Cendence was deemed faulty as it had a couple other issues besides just the limited speed of the aircraft when using that Cendence (tried on multiple aircraft).

Curious to see what you find...
Yes the side levers can be configured to adjust the "sensitivity" of the sticks. To me it feels like dual rates on traditional radio where you in essence limit the total range of throw. In other words the total output from 100% of stick deflection is not 100% but say only 50%, so you can move the stick much more agresively but the craft will only move a bit. Pretty much like being in Tripod Mode. It is a nice feature but personally I can not see why or when I would use it.

Last edited:
Another problem discovered. While on a job setting up and getting ready for take off I can see that all the buttons on my Cendence have reversed to default User 1 configuration. I got a message on the screen telling me that Unfortunatelly your GO 4 stopped working. It came back after a few seconds but all my custom Cendence configuration has been lost and I had to assign all the function to all buttons the way I had it before the crash again. This happened to me already several times over last few days. Is there a way to save my Profile configuration, so I can reload it when the App crashes again instead of going through the entire process of assigning function to buttons manually again???

Do you mean that the sliders serve as a speed governor? I’d buy just for that

Yes the side levers can be configured to adjust the "sensitivity" of the sticks. To me it feels like dual rates on traditional radio where you in essence limit the total range of throw. In other words the total output from 100% of stick deflection is not 100% but say only 50%, so you can move the stick much more agresively but the craft will only move a bit. Pretty much like being in Tripod Mode. It is a nice feature but personally I can not see why or when I would use it.
D use this for tracking alongside moving vehicles. Set the speed of the UAV and have the car match it

Well, I suppose you could call it governor if you want. What the slider does is limiting the stick output. So at maximum deflection it is not 100% but proportionally less to the slider position. Say if (Mode2) the left slider is set to control throttle and it is in the middle, with the throttle stick at full deflection it will only give 50% throttle to the craft. So, I suppose you can read the speed of the craft at any slider position and tell it to the driver of the car to match it. Of course you would need to adjust the right slider to control the pitch of the craft (Mode2) and adjust that accordingly as well. I suppose it could work for what you had described when following cars.

Last edited:
How do you set the Manual Landing Gear with the Cendence ? What button or can it be programmed to any button ? Thanks !
Jeff

Do you mean that the sliders serve as a speed governor? I’d buy just for that

Correct, as mentioned above, an easy way to describe the function of the sliders is like a governor. They serve nearly the same function of "Tripod Mode" in your intelligent flight modes. The speed of the drone is reduced depending on the position of the slider. As opposed to tripod mode you can easily and quickly move slow, tight, and precise proximity flying to normal "P" mode flying without having to engage and disengage tripod mode.

How do you set the Manual Landing Gear with the Cendence ? What button or can it be programmed to any button ? Thanks !
Jeff

Check out our post here: Inspire 2 Landing Gear Issue Identified And How To Fix!!!

My default your BD switch should raise and lower landing gear and your BF switch turns automatic landing gear on and off.

Jeff
Jeff
I have mine programed to Bd but you can program it any button you like. Not sure if to all but to most.

Reactions: Pixar and Advexure
You need the craft on to program it though just be aware of that, in current fw it takes a press and release then a press and hold to move the gear, this appears to have been optimised in the next release from my tests and it just works on a press.

Reactions: Pixar
You need the craft on to program it though just be aware of that, in current fw it takes a press and release then a press and hold to move the gear, this appears to have been optimised in the next release from my tests and it just works on a press.
I am on Cendence FW 030 and all I need to do is press the Bd ones and the gear comes up, press it again and the gear comes down. You might be on FW 045? BTW it would be nice if in the next FW the manual landing gear operation could be assigned to the center button of the camera setting scroll wheel which does nothing in FW030 and can not be programed at all..The other useful thing I'd love to see is when quickly adjusting the camera gimbal/tilted horizon in flight by pressing and holding the C2 while turning the camera setting scroll wheel that the Camera Gimbal Adjustment submenu window would pop up momentarily while the adjustment is done for the pilot to see the actual figure/amount of adjustment. Wouldn't that be handy!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pixar
I also am finding that my newly programed buttons don't remain in that custom state which can be pretty frustrating out on a project. I think there's some software confusion (if there's such a thing) between master and single user since the Go4 app tends to use both instances in different places (I try to program the buttons in either state to no avail). Anyway, there's so much advantage to a single operator using this device, I hope a FW update will target this issue soon.

I would suggest to leave the Single Mode out of it. I tried to mirror program both the Single and Master to only loose both after GO4 crashing on me. Now I have only programed the Master and did not mess with Single. So far so good, no GO4 crashing, as before. Maybe it is just coincidence. I have not really used it much since then, so I would not declare victory as yet:).

I also am finding that my newly programed buttons don't remain in that custom state which can be pretty frustrating out on a project. I think there's some software confusion (if there's such a thing) between master and single user since the Go4 app tends to use both instances in different places (I try to program the buttons in either state to no avail). Anyway, there's so much advantage to a single operator using this device, I hope a FW update will target this issue soon.

New owner of Cendence. I like the radio but there are a few things which I find a bit disappointing, with current FW 030 anyway. The side levers RS and LS do not do anything. The Focus knob functionality with X4S is random and intermittent. Most of the time it does not work at all.
I wished there were more options assignable to the programable buttons. For example quick access to Camera Gimbal Adjustment. Or landing gear manual operation assignable to the center button of the selector wheel which does not have any function with current FW ( why DJI, why??? ). Or removing completely the FPV window from the screen. When in Menu I do not understand the difference between Single and Master Menu.I am a single operator. I understand the purpose of Master and Slave but what is Single for? It always seem to default to Master anyway. That's it for now.
I was also little surprised by the "unresponsiveness " of the focus knob with X4S but it works like a charm with X5S which is more important to me anyways.

Interesting...we have had our programming setup stick for the last 2-3 months with no problem. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Also, does it lose the custom programming every time or is it hit or miss?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP