Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Charging both at the same time??

DBS

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Now that this thing has been around for awhile... anybody actually have any bad experiences charging both a battery and the remote at the same time?

I heard it was just a heat thing so I went ahead and started experimenting...

I've got 4 batteries and 2 remotes so cheating like this helps save some time but I'd rather not break anything. So I run the A/C nice and cool... put the converter box up on blocks so air can circulate all around it... AND blow a fan literally RIGHT on the box... seems to keep things cool enough for long life span... my old P2V+ charger (without fan assist) got hotter than this thing does running all aired out this way.

A9eWrO8.jpg

I often charge both battery and RC together and have not felt any unwanted effects of doing so. There is a possibility that it may not actually save time, if the max output amperage of the charger is already used in charging the battery it might extend the time it takes to charge by distributing the same power and splitting between the two.

Certainly not noticed any undue heat build up so far.

That's what I'm thinking... so my added cooling is just added comfort so I know I'm good.

I found a guy who has a bunch of chargers with no AC cables for 59 bucks so maybe order a couple spares... I have a bunch of those AC cables left around from the P2V+ chargers... same smell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla