Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

china charger

Mine smells a little funky now...still works fine but now I feel the need to keep it within sight...when there are four batteries going it definitely is pulling some amps and the main cord gets warm. Is it worth contacting the seller or are they still all made the same and I need to fix it myself?
I have pictures of the problem earlier in this thread. "Mouser # 995-SL15 2R507" is what I replaced mine with. If you know how to solder, it's easy to replace. I have a couple of extras.

Cheers, Jon

Has seen this manufacturer's other charger for MavicPro and Phantom. Now they come to Inspire2 as well.

For DJI Inspire 2 Drone Intelligent Battery & Remote Control 16A Charger 4 in 1 | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

BTW, any thoughts about it? Does it really speed up the charging time? (I didn't look in deep into its output while compare with original DJI charging hubs)
The Mavic uses a single battery, right? Does the charger for the I2 balance-charge a PAIR of batteries the way the original smart charger does?

I received my 2 chargers yesterday, it did charge 4 batteries that were between 20-30% in about an hour and 15 minutes. I modified my GPC case a bit to fit them in. Looks like I have room for another 2 batteries :)
Ooohhh............ Man, that is one impressive case!

Does the charger for the I2 balance-charge a PAIR of batteries the way the original smart charger does?

The I2 packs each handle their own balancing, not the charger so that is no different to the original charger.

All packs are charged at the same time, so if 4 are attached all four are charged.

I don't know.... The original charger works on one set of batteries at a time, before charging the second set. I've occasionally had to reposition them on the charger in order for it to charge the pairs that I keep "matched."

Every now and then one of the batteries in a matched set will finish charging up all the way before the second battery of the pair does. Only after the "late" battery is fully charged does the charger jump to the second set of batteries.

Having used a much more robust charger on much larger batteries for much larger aircraft, chargers that are clearly balancing the batteries, I had the impression that this "smart charger" (which is what DJI calls it) was doing the same thing by charging one pair at a time - and waiting for first pair to be done before charging the second pair.

Do I have stinkin' thinkin' again?

Last edited:
Having used a much more robust charger on much larger batteries for much larger aircraft, chargers that are clearly balancing the batteries, I had the impression that this "smart charger" (which is what DJI calls it) was doing the same thing by charging one pair at a time - and waiting for first pair to be done before charging the second pair.

Do I have stinkin' thinkin' again?

Yep, time to think again :)

The way the battery connectors are wired there is no external access to the individual cells in the pack so there is no way for any charger to actively balance the pack.

The DJI charger has to wait for the first pair to both finish before it starts the second pair as that is the way it is wired and it doesn't have the available power to do any more than that, it is nothing to do with balancing.

Yep, time to think again :)

The way the battery connectors are wired there is no external access to the individual cells in the pack so there is no way for any charger to actively balance the pack.

The DJI charger has to wait for the first pair to both finish before it starts the second pair as that is the way it is wired and it doesn't have the available power to do any more than that, it is nothing to do with balancing.
OK. Thanks for the explanation.

Sorry to dig up an old post, but my Inspire 1 charger of this model (YX for Inspire) is giving me overcharge errors

However the battery cells and batteries themselves seem fine.

Is this something I should be concerned about? The 2nd light (2 out of the 4) blinks when connected to the charger, but seems to perform fine. It’s done this to two of my 3 batteries that were perfect before I used this charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide