Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cinema DNG for Architectural Photography

Reaction score
Hi all, first post.

Just got my Inspire 2 X7, haven't even flown it yet. At this point, I'm trying to understand which video format will work best for my usage.

I'm an architectural photographer by trade and have deep understanding of editing RAW files so I'm drawn to the Cinema DNG format. I could edit an individual frame, get the most out of it in Capture 1, sync the rest of the frames and import as a sequence in Premiere. Does this workflow make sense or am I skipping steps?

I downloaded test footage and did exactly what I'm describing above. Then imported it in Premiere and the footage while beautiful, it plays choppy, as if the frame rate isn't dialed in correct. What am I doing wrong?

Apologies if this has been discussed before!

Hi all, first post.

Just got my Inspire 2 X7, haven't even flown it yet. At this point, I'm trying to understand which video format will work best for my usage.

I'm an architectural photographer by trade and have deep understanding of editing RAW files so I'm drawn to the Cinema DNG format. I could edit an individual frame, get the most out of it in Capture 1, sync the rest of the frames and import as a sequence in Premiere. Does this workflow make sense or am I skipping steps?

I downloaded test footage and did exactly what I'm describing above. Then imported it in Premiere and the footage while beautiful, it plays choppy, as if the frame rate isn't dialed in correct. What am I doing wrong?

Is this after exporting the video or inside of Premier? Premier is notorious for bad playback of cDNG but the final product is good.

What format did you export the files from Capture One as?

Are you sure the frame rate is actually correct? What frame rate did you film the footage in and what is your Premier timeline frame rate?

Unlike Premier, when you open cDNG in After Effects it will open the footage in Adobe Camera RAW so you can edit it as if it is a raw photo. You can then import the After Effects compositions into Premier. That’s the best way to edit cDNG in the way you are describing, “like RAW photos.”

The real question you should be asking is if you are actually doing anything inside of Capture One you couldn’t just do inside Premier. What is the reason you want to use Capture One? Is it just an old dog new trick kinda thing? Have you tried using Premier to color grade? The controls really aren’t much different from capture one.

Hi all, first post.

I am also architectural photographer by trade and have using C1 as my primary RAW converter since 2004. I recently upgraded to their latest v.21 but to me their engine for DNG is not very good. I am getting better results from LR CC when processing X5S DNG files.
I am using C1 for conversion of CR2 files from my Canon 5D4 and the results are better than any from any other RAW convertor I've ever tried .

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry