Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CineSSD staining issues out of the box.

Reaction score
The title may be a little hard to understand alone, but what Ive run into with both CineSSD’s that Ive ordered now is an odd chemical or other liquid stain on the back of the unit. See below:

First unit:
0ED0A3CE-18A2-4A7D-9696-25FB3D18DAF1.jpeg

The first unit seemed to work in the I2 fine, but It appears to have either been exposed to a chemical or submerged. The issue is only on the back of the device. Being that these SSD’s cost $500, I was skeptical and sent it back. I waited patiently and received this as a replacement:

Second unit:
133E40AC-78C9-4C59-AF30-655E2A6D5563.jpeg

Not only does this one look worse, but the integrity of the casing material has been comprimised. The finish is very different to the touch on both sides. These units came from B&H Photo and I personally removed the well-intact plastic wrap and unboxed these devices myself.

I gave the first unit a wipe down with a gentle damp cloth and most of the defined staining came off, although the silhouettes remained when viewed in high-light.

Has anyone seen this before, or have any idea what the deal is? The units are incredibly overpriced already, I dont want to have one be a doorstop in a few months. Thanks.

-KG

Kinda looks like it was packaged in a damp environment.
I'd clean it up and try it out. If it functions I'd run it.

They look like they were sitting in a flooded basement. I would return them asap and order from a different company. I have ordered mine from Amazon and had no problems. They are over priced as it is and they probably will not last long. It's not worth taking a chance good luck.
That looks like corrosion of some sort, return it ASAP. It may be the image but it also looks a bit swollen. They should be clean and shiny.

Reactions: DKG13CC
They look like they were sitting in a flooded basement. I would return them asap and order from a different company. I have ordered mine from Amazon and had no problems. They are over priced as it is and they probably will not last long. It's not worth taking a chance good luck.

This was what I was thinking. And if the outside looks like this, I must assume the inside does too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan