Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Close call at Schiphol Airport the Netherlands

Reaction score
The pilots of three aircraft on Friday reported that close near their unit a drone was flying at the time they wanted at Schiphol countries. It would be two hoppers City KLM and easyJet device that wanted to land on the Zwanenburgbaan . After the reports which runway temporarily closed. Drones can not fly around the airport.

This confirms a spokesman for the Air Traffic Control the Netherlands . There is an investigation begun where the drone that flew reportedly grazed the planes came from.

Traffic indicated that the drone flew in one plane only 30 meters below the aircraft , know RTVNH On another plane was reported three drones.

Drone vloog bijna tegen vluchten Schiphol aan

might be a REALLY DUMB question, but would the air stream of a jet not kind of take the drone or multirotor down or make it really hard to fly?
puzzles me a bit...

please do not misunderstand me and I am not endorsing (just in case someone gets the idea) just curious about the physics... too bad I can not make tests with streams coming from a jet or real life Heli...

would be interesting to see what REALLY happens. - will check youtube -

might be a REALLY DUMB question, but would the air stream of a jet not kind of take the drone or multirotor down or make it really hard to fly?
puzzles me a bit...

please do not misunderstand me and I am not endorsing (just in case someone gets the idea) just curious about the physics... too bad I can not make tests with streams coming from a jet or real life Heli...

I agree with you. I think if there was no direct hit and a quad grazed or even came within a few feet of even a small aircraft, it would probably flip and tumble. It could be recoverable if high enough but you would definitely be taken for a ride. We have to wait three minutes after a larger aircraft takes off in front of our smaller planes to avoid wake turbulence. If planes are in danger small quads stand little chance that close.

puzzles me a bit...

These drone pilots are idiots and a danger for de overall drone community. I am no saint, love to fly around buildings and things. But the onze thing we should respect are airports and other planes.

this vid was going around here and was then not reveild as a cgi composition.
i would like to see real world tests in a controlled environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

,Have any of you seen Sandhill Cranes, (or their subspecies) migrating?
They migrate from South to North during the spring in the USA and back again in November.

They are very large 10lb birds that fly at very high altitudes, (when they find lift, they capitalize). I have seen at least a million of them over that last few weeks, (imagine how many there are).
They weigh much more than I1, yet I do not see reports of planes and helis coming down from hitting them and without blinking leds they would be harder to see in flight.

One day we seen an Albino bird within one of the many flocks, thought maybe it was a pelican? but high power binoculars proved it to be an Albino. The only one out of hundreds of thousands, (kinda like an I1 being up there). The odds of a small plane hitting that 1 Albino, out of hundreds of thousands is astronomical, not to be considered a "real threat", (that one bird).

Having a hit that can actually bring the plane down, further multiplies the odds.

Eventually someone in a little plane or heli will hit a drone and it will come down. (eventually I said). Before that happens though, during the same time period, many Pilots/passengers will die in auto accidents going to/from the airports, will crash because of storms, mechanical failures, pilot error, and bird strikes, (Hudson River ice landing, remember). The odds of you dying at a sports stadium in 2016 by falling on your head from the upper deck will be significantly greater than you dying from a drone strike of any kind.

There is risk in life, even going to bed at night there is risk you may not wake up. Risk needs to be assessed properly for it to have any meaning.

Hey look, there goes yet another drone ........ one of them red/white dji phantoms.
plasticBag-223x300.jpg

Reactions: Phatzo and gruvpix
These drone pilots are idiots and a danger for de overall drone community. I am no saint, love to fly around buildings and things. But the onze thing we should respect are airports and other planes.
Yes it's poor CGI.

,Have any of you seen Sandhill Cranes, (or their subspecies) migrating?
They migrate from South to North during the spring in the USA and back again in November.

They are very large 10lb birds that fly at very high altitudes, (when they find lift, they capitalize). I have seen at least a million of them over that last few weeks, (imagine how many there are).
They weigh much more than I1, yet I do not see reports of planes and helis coming down from hitting them and without blinking leds they would be harder to see in flight.

One day we seen an Albino bird within one of the many flocks, thought maybe it was a pelican? but high power binoculars proved it to be an Albino. The only one out of hundreds of thousands, (kinda like an I1 being up there). The odds of a small plane hitting that 1 Albino, out of hundreds of thousands is astronomical, not to be considered a "real threat", (that one bird).

Having a hit that can actually bring the plane down, further multiplies the odds.

Eventually someone in a little plane or heli will hit a drone and it will come down. (eventually I said). Before that happens though, during the same time period, many Pilots/passengers will die in auto accidents going to/from the airports, will crash because of storms, mechanical failures, pilot error, and bird strikes, (Hudson River ice landing, remember). The odds of you dying at a sports stadium in 2016 by falling on your head from the upper deck will be significantly greater than you dying from a drone strike of any kind.

There is risk in life, even going to bed at night there is risk you may not wake up. Risk needs to be assessed properly for it to have any meaning.

Hey look, there goes yet another drone ........ one of them red/white dji phantoms.
plasticBag-223x300.jpg

What an obnoxious fallacy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo