Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Color Waveform option

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
Something not mentioned in the firmware update notes (probably 'cause it's in DJI Go 4.0.5!) - there's now an option to display a color waveform (advanced camera settings->gear->Enable Color Waveform).

When enabled it displays the video color waveform (who'da guessed!) in the FPV monitor section...

Interesting to play around with it once there's some daylight and dry weather to fly in!

Hi Nick,

The waveform is terrific. It enlarges as well and you can toggle from Normal to Parade modes, which is fantastic. One note to SSD shooters. The waveform is still affected by the SD settings and is likely being pulled from the LightBrige info so some care may be required there. Also I believe the color view toggle for D-log is new. That would be great if not for the ISO 500 madness :).

A thought.... for those of you who have dual op setups - with the Color Waveform enabled, does the Pilot RC still get the FPV view, and does the CamOp RC get the Color Waveform view in place of the FPV....?
Second remote does not have the option to display the waveform since its the slave remote i guess.
second remote gets the fpv feed even when 1st has the waveform monitor on

I have tested with this option in both the Master & Slave controllers and the color waveform is available only when I used my iPad in both cased.

This feature seams to not currently support iPhones.

I have tested with this option in both the Master & Slave controllers and the color waveform is available only when I used my iPad in both cased.

This feature seams to not currently support iPhones.
That's probably because it uses the FPV view window to display the waveform, and the FPV view isn't available on smaller phone screens due to lack of space.

Hi there... A bit late to the conversation... I was really excited when I heard about a waveform for the system since it's a lot easier to achieve proper exposure in a waveform vs their histogram, however for the life of me, I can't find it on my app... I have the histogram, over exposure warning etc. but I'm not seeing anything about a waveform am I just missing something? (Obviously)
Ipad mini 2
DJI go 4.0.6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet