Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Congratulations DJI you just killed the Phantom!!

Is the Mavic a Phantom Killer

• Yes it has killed it

Votes: 54 56.8%
  • No - The phantom is still alive and well

Votes: 41 43.2%

• Total voters
Hasn't the recent update for Mavic now tweaked the video so it has the applied 'sharpening' ie. the phantom. The various videos I've seen from those 'who have a clue' what they are doing seems to point out that the video is too close to worry about to the P4.

Regarding indoor use, I've used my Inspire for this.... Great fun... After a few blades and several slashes I decided on bumpers to protect everyone. I'm guessing the avoidance will help with the Mavic but as of yet never had the luxury.

Osmo a little less dangerous :D:D:D

It does but only when you consider the whole package, which supposes you don't yet have anything that does the job of either of the 3 "functions", intend to use all of the components and are happy with the drawbacks.

Personally I wouldn't want a fisheye view on either a handheld gimbal nor a drone, so I don't care about the savings and would rather get a Mavic and Osmo even for twice the price (already have the Osmo, so as mentioned above the package loses its interest without even taking the camera into account).

I agree that if I had an OSMO that it may not be so impressive. However I do not, and I would like one. I have felt like a handheld gimbal for a gopro would be a good thing ever since I saw the Alexmos version come out of the woodwork. I have hwoever learnt that tinkering with these things is not conducive to having a working product when you need it to work :)

Is the gopro too wide angle for you even when you set it to narrow in the software?

I think the key to this discussion is if you look at it from the viewpoint of a drone flier who wants a flying camera, or as a person who thinks that a sports cam would work well for them and wants it to fly.

Is the gopro too wide angle for you even when you set it to narrow in the software?
That's the whole point, if you want 4K you can't do that, it's forced on wide.
In other modes medium is okay-ish, narrow eats into the quality too much IMO but then again I never use them because I want 4K.

There is also probably a difference there between your intended use and that of most people, I dont htink most people want 4k. I personally have no way to view 4k. I think most people who would get one of these two systems would be looking into making family home movies etc rather than production quality footage.

Has anyone else noticed that the video from the mavic, although 4k seems far inferior to that of the phantom and Inspire?
Maybe its just the test units being used in the videos I have seen so far, but it looks like squeeing 4k res into the smaller sensor on the mavic has reduced the quality anyway.

The point of 4k is from an editing point of view. In general the final production would be 1080 but having the scope to zoom or shift a frame makes more sense.

As for quality, it's true the camera has different aspects but so far we've seen a mix of early idiots then later people understanding they need to focus on the subject ie. Like the pro x5 on inspire. Only recently they rolled out a Mavic update I heard to add the overkill sharpening you see with phantom 4.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian