Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Correct Procedure for Setting RTH Prior to Takeoff

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and have been unable to find the correct procedure for setting the home point prior to takeoff. Perhaps it is in the forum and I have simply missed it. If that is the case, I apologize for the new thread and can someone please link me to the correct thread.

The issue I am having is that I attempt to set the home point once the props are spinning, but I receive a message stating that the AC will return to this point using the default altitude of "0.0 ft". I have the default RTH altitude in the app set to 40m (making sure I clear trees).

If I set the home point while the AC is in the air, I receive a message that the I1 will return to this point and it states the RTH altitude as the current altitude of the I1 (e.g. If the I1 is at 11m, that is listed as the RTH altitude. If I ascend to 50m and set the home point, the app notifies that 50m is the new RTH altitude.)

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the AC to use the default altitude setting in the app upon startup?

Thank you.

If you're worried about setting the home point while in the air, set the home point to the transmitter location.

If you're worried about setting the home point while in the air, set the home point to the transmitter location.

More thank anything, I'm looking for a best practices checklist to ensure correct RTH.

I already check the mod values and the rest, I'm just looking for what everyone else does as part of their preflight checklist.

I'm getting a weak transmitter signal 'can't set rth to controller' message.
Is this a firmware update issue?

I'm getting a weak transmitter signal 'can't set rth to controller' message.
Is this a firmware update issue?

If you are trying to set RTH to the transmitter location, hold the transmitter straight up, so the GPS location can be fixed. Sometimes if you have a large tablet, it can block the top of the transmitter where the GPS antenna is located. In this case tip the transmitter far enough back that the top of the transmitter is not blocked from the sky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters