Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Corrupt Clips

Reaction score
Okay so I looked on the forum and contacted DJI with no results....

I have some clips on my SD cards (multiple) that freeze about a 3rd of the way in. All different cards. The progress bar on quicktime player continues to move but the image is frozen. I tried to put them back into the i1 to "repair" the clips. I tried multiple cards. I tried multiple computers and clip viewers.

HELP!

Hi BrianRHoff, I'm in a very similar boat. I can't figure out what happened (though it was not caused by forgetting to stop the record).

Did you ever find a solution or fix to the problem, or to the files themselves?

Thanks Joey. I must be doing something wrong. The "repaired" file it produces does open in VLC, but it's only about the top 1/20th of the frame that shows, and the rest is vertical digital smear of colors.

I've tried setting it to Type 2 (as recommended for Inspire) and Type 1 for fun, but no better luck with either approach.

Might you have a suggestion for running this differently?

Thanks Joey. I must be doing something wrong. The "repaired" file it produces does open in VLC, but it's only about the top 1/20th of the frame that shows, and the rest is vertical digital smear of colors.

I've tried setting it to Type 2 (as recommended for Inspire) and Type 1 for fun, but no better luck with either approach.

Might you have a suggestion for running this differently?

I am sorry but I do not have a suggestion. I don't even remember which command line switches I used. A thread over at www.phantompilots.com is what helped me.
Do a search over there for djifix and you should be able to find some answers.

I used to forget to stop recording before turning the Inspire off and that caused some of my files to be corrupt but eventually I learned to remember to stop recording prior.
But I thought DJI fixed this issue in the latest FW? I think they now stop the recording before shutting off power to the Inspire.

Good luck.

Reactions: Btdross
This app can help in cases of not luck.

I have upgraded an application which can help people not familiar with "console or command prompt apps ".

It is an GUI interface for two binaries to process corrupt videos it is based on Slydiman Homepage method.
Please try downloading from FIX-DJI.zip

It works only in Windows XP and up! (sorry no Mac)

I have also posted a video to show how it works: dji-fix.mp4

Hi guys

i have repaired a file with DJI fix. The repaired file will play in VLC media player but thats about it. The extension for the file is now .h264

I cant seem to encode the file to be an mp4 or mov using compressor or adobe media encoder or mpeg streamclip. So the file whilst essentially repaired is still unusable as i cant import it into my editing software

Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly36