Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crash here in HK

Reaction score
A friend of mine luckily got an Inspire 1 on Saturday. He is very experienced in flying his Phantom 2 and is looking for an upgrade. Last night, he flew a bit his Phantom 2 just for demo of selling his machine to a potential buyer. Everything was alright as he flew at that location very frequently. About 30 minutes later, he enjoyed his Inspire 1, just for 10 seconds, at about 3-4 meter height, the Inspire 1 flew at its will. Totally lost control. A moment later it dropped and hit the ground, with the gimbal detached, camera broken, and all motor stop functioning.

All pre-flight checking done. 9-10 satellites, compass calibrated, experienced flyer. He is reporting the case to DJI. See how they respond.

Yeah I've been following this one on facebook. Long response thread going on there. NO ONE wants to hear that happen to anyone. Keep us posted.

Maybe I'll keep my new Inspire in the box for a week or two - and see how this plays out.

A friend of mine luckily got an Inspire 1 on Saturday. He is very experienced in flying his Phantom 2 and is looking for an upgrade. Last night, he flew a bit his Phantom 2 just for demo of selling his machine to a potential buyer. Everything was alright as he flew at that location very frequently. About 30 minutes later, he enjoyed his Inspire 1, just for 10 seconds, at about 3-4 meter height, the Inspire 1 flew at its will. Totally lost control. A moment later it dropped and hit the ground, with the gimbal detached, camera broken, and all motor stop functioning.

All pre-flight checking done. 9-10 satellites, compass calibrated, experienced flyer. He is reporting the case to DJI. See how they respond.
Was any of this filmed? Can we see footage somewhere?

[Quote = "Bresson, post: 2327, medlem: 4868"] En venn av meg fikk heldigvis en Inspire 1 på lørdag. Han er veldig erfaren med å fly sin Phantom 2 og er på utkikk etter en oppgradering. I går kveld, fløy han litt hans Phantom to bare for demo av å selge sin maskin til en potensiell kjøper. Alt var i orden da han fløy på den plasseringen veldig ofte. Ca 30 minutter senere, han likte hans Inspire en, bare i 10 sekunder, på ca 3-4 meters høyde, den Inspire en fløy på sin vilje. Helt mistet kontrollen. Et øyeblikk senere falt og traff bakken, med slingrebøylen frittliggende, kamera knust, og alt motor stopp funksjon.

Alle pre-flight kontrollene gjort. 9-10 satellitter, kompass kalibrert, erfaren flyger. Han rapporterer saken til DJI. Se hvordan de reagerer. [/ Quote]

jaja someone must surely fabricate stories and sincerest They do not have so much else to tell

[Quote = "Bresson, post: 2327, medlem: 4868"] En venn av meg fikk heldigvis en Inspire 1 på lørdag. Han er veldig erfaren med å fly sin Phantom 2 og er på utkikk etter en oppgradering. I går kveld, fløy han litt hans Phantom to bare for demo av å selge sin maskin til en potensiell kjøper. Alt var i orden da han fløy på den plasseringen veldig ofte. Ca 30 minutter senere, han likte hans Inspire en, bare i 10 sekunder, på ca 3-4 meters høyde, den Inspire en fløy på sin vilje. Helt mistet kontrollen. Et øyeblikk senere falt og traff bakken, med slingrebøylen frittliggende, kamera knust, og alt motor stopp funksjon.

Alle pre-flight kontrollene gjort. 9-10 satellitter, kompass kalibrert, erfaren flyger. Han rapporterer saken til DJI. Se hvordan de reagerer. [/ Quote]

jaja someone must surely fabricate stories and sincerest They do not have so much else to tell
English would be more informative

Reactions: RYP and dirkclod

But....but...but..... Surely DJI would not market a product that wasn't ready for release???..... Oh wait a minute...... :rolleyes:

sorry to hear it. i had a phantom before and similar incident happened to me resulting a total loss. DJI dealer gave me a brand new one in return immediately. So sit tight and hope it works out for ur friend.

i am waiting for my inspire 1, should be there in 2 days. i might try to fly it without the cam first and be cautious about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84