Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Critical video feed issue. DJI, need your help.

Reaction score
Following an earlier thread regarding issues with the video feed going to the iOS device, pleas see below the video of the issue. In summary,

I have flown the Inspire 1 4 times in total and EVERY time this issue has come up. As you will see in the video, the gimbal is assembeled correctly and everything on the unit seems to be ok, but the video feed to the iOS device is either intermitent or simply does not appear.

On the second part of the video, I reattach the gimbal and start the Inspire with good video feed, but after about 30 seconds in flight, the screen turns blue, then black, then all video recording stops.

Need you help please on this matter. Can you please assist?

Look through the whole video or jump to 4:45 for the recurring issue.

Here is the link to the video:

I am planning a trip to the Maldives in 2 weeks and would like to have this solved beforehand.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Not to do with your video issue, but you should always turn your transmitter on before your inspire 1.
You are right and that's what I usually do, but as you say, it has nothing to do with the video transmission issue. I've had the same issue when starting up the remote first and inspire second.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

pgaucher
What kind of micro SD card are you using or have you tried multiples?
If it is an off brand or even lower - middle grade brand name card I would look into trying a different faster card SD card. Speaking of.. what brand/type card comes with the Inspire?
I would think that write errors "should be" handled better than what you are seeing but I would certainly give it a shot. I know when we flipped to gopros and other cameras that recorded 4k we had to completely revamp our storage lineup!

pgaucher
What kind of micro SD card are you using or have you tried multiples?
If it is an off brand or even lower - middle grade brand name card I would look into trying a different faster card SD card. Speaking of.. what brand/type card comes with the Inspire?
I would think that write errors "should be" handled better than what you are seeing but I would certainly give it a shot. I know when we flipped to gopros and other cameras that recorded 4k we had to completely revamp our storage lineup!
Hi there, I'm using the following cards:

PNY Turbo Performance 64GB High Speed MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Up to 90MB/sec Flash Card - P-SDUX64U190-GE

I would think the same as you in terms of the card, but the video issue also takes place without any recording taking place. As you can see in the first part of the video, the live feed doesn't even transmit to the ipad, and there is no attempt to record. So the transfer speed to the SD card shouldn't impact this as the problem occurs even without recording taking place.

What are the yellow items on the cross beams?
These are called 'getter back' which are extremely light 'rod recovery systems' that are designed for fisherman who accidentally drop their rods in the water. In case of the Inspire falling into the water, a little floating capsule which is connected to a Kevlar string will rise to the surface and allow to pull the inspire out of the water. Naturally, this won't help the inspire, but it could be useful to recover footage or critical flight data.

pgaucher,
I agree that as you describe/show it, it does not seem like a write speed issue but I would try a different card for the sole purpose of being able to say "Nope, does it will multiple cards of differing brands".
I've been in the video production industry for a 10+ years and most of our work is recording live events. That being said we don't have the opportunity to re record moments and with that I don't need any part of our gear failing, because if it does that in turn cause us to fail!
PNY is definitely better than many of the other brands out there but its also not the utmost reliable..
I have always defaulted to Sandisk or Lexar which are premium brands. As of recent I also switch some of our gopros which do 4k over to Samsung cards. I was very reluctant at first even though this is a huge name brand but reviews were plentiful and all positive and I must say that 6+ months later I am a fan of those cards as well!!

pgaucher,
I agree that as you describe/show it, it does not seem like a write speed issue but I would try a different card for the sole purpose of being able to say "Nope, does it will multiple cards of differing brands".
I've been in the video production industry for a 10+ years and most of our work is recording live events. That being said we don't have the opportunity to re record moments and with that I don't need any part of our gear failing, because if it does that in turn cause us to fail!
PNY is definitely better than many of the other brands out there but its also not the utmost reliable..
I have always defaulted to Sandisk or Lexar which are premium brands. As of recent I also switch some of our gopros which do 4k over to Samsung cards. I was very reluctant at first even though this is a huge name brand but reviews were plentiful and all positive and I must say that 6+ months later I am a fan of those cards as well!!
Ok, I'll give it a shot today with the default SanDisk card and report back. Cheers.

UPDATE: DJI has acknowledged the issue and has declared my unit dead on arrival (DOA). I have sent it back and waiting to receive a new unit. Hopefully that one works fine. Will keep you posted. Cheers

If replacement unit has the same issue...I would try changing the usb cable connected to you iPad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Following an earlier thread regarding issues with the video feed going to the iOS device, pleas see below the video of the issue. In summary,

I have flown the Inspire 1 4 times in total and EVERY time this issue has come up. As you will see in the video, the gimbal is assembeled correctly and everything on the unit seems to be ok, but the video feed to the iOS device is either intermitent or simply does not appear.

On the second part of the video, I reattach the gimbal and start the Inspire with good video feed, but after about 30 seconds in flight, the screen turns blue, then black, then all video recording stops.

Need you help please on this matter. Can you please assist?

Look through the whole video or jump to 4:45 for the recurring issue.

Here is the link to the video:

I am planning a trip to the Maldives in 2 weeks and would like to have this solved beforehand.
Thank you.

Mine was worse. I had that blue screen then after a a few hours later it got to the point where there were lines everywhere. No more video period. I didn't get 1 flight out of it. I screw with it for 1/2 day. It's a bad unit so I ended up getting a new one. The new one is fine. Welcome to mass production. I love my new working one. Sorry it's a painful experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters