Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky goes Belly Up

Reaction score
Was cleaning off files from the SD card. Asked the Explorer app to just erase everything. Seemed pretty straight forward. But then it would not mount the clean SD Card. I thought maybe it just needed to restart. So I asked it to restart and it wouldn't. Bricked.

I wonder if what I actually erased was the OS, or internal memory???

Any idea how to resurrect this thing without involving UPS or worse...DJI?

Never mind....Geez. Took the battery off, had a beer, held the power button down for about 30 seconds with the battery removed, installed the battery, works fine. I think it was the beer. I'd tried everything before. New batteries, remove the SD card, change the SD Card, hold the on button longer/shorter. Never got the buz-n-boot

Is holding power button down for about 30 seconds with the battery removed some kind of typical procedure (like <ctrl><alt><del>) for the Crystal Sky? Never heard of something like that.

It was something I remembered from a Dell tech support call MANY years ago. Can't even remember what the problem was (see the aforementioned many years) but they had me remove the battery from the laptop, unplug it, and hold the power button down. Seems it clears any angry spirits lurking in the matrix.

They did not mention beer. The prospect of sending something else off to DJI drove me to it...

Desperate times deserve desperate measures.

I see. Thank you
Sorry I could not provide a more definitive Cause/affect/solution for you. Weird thing happened, and pretty much resolved itself through means very likely not executed by my hand. But....if it ever happens to anyone else, it's worth a try before doing without your monitor for weeks on end. As I often say, "what's the worse that can happen? We fail miserably and that's where we are now..."

Sometimes things work out that way. I might suspect that removing the battery and reinserting it might be the key. I don't have a crystal sky, or even a drone yet. I'm just now starting to review the forums to get familiar with potential issues that might come up if/when I do make a purchase.

That is a REALLY good idea, and why I watch these as well. Forewarned is Forearmed.

Never mind....Geez. Took the battery off, had a beer, held the power button down for about 30 seconds with the battery removed, installed the battery, works fine. I think it was the beer. I'd tried everything before. New batteries, remove the SD card, change the SD Card, hold the on button longer/shorter. Never got the buz-n-boot
Ahhhh the power of beer

very likely FAT32 NTFS is windows native. FAT32 is pretty much cross platform

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komal