Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra - Not able to record 2sec Interval Photos?

Reaction score
I have a new CS Ultra. Yesterday with the new CS Ultra mounted on my Cendence, I went to film some hyperlapses with my I2 and X7 camera. Both the I2 and all associated accessories are at the latest firmware versions.

I was not able to record any intervals faster than 5sec, which is too big of an interval for most of what I do. My troubleshooting indicates this is a SOFTWARE BUG in the Crystal Sky. In the camera/photo/Interval menu settings I select jpg as the format, and get a selection option that starts with 2sec and runs up to much longer. I select 2sec, and exit the menu. However, the shutter/capture button in DJI Go 4 shows 5sec as the interval. I then start the interval recording and it is indeed 5 sec. Right away, a small popup window is displayed that tells me I should select a differenct photo capture mode.

No matter what I select in the Interval menu (2sec or 3sec, and 4:3 or 16:9 or 3:2) the same thing. I exit the photo interval menu and the shutter button shows 5sec.

So I brought it home and experimented. I tried the CS Ultra on my regular I2 RC and the same problem. I then tried my iPad Mini 4 on the Cendence and it would capture 2sec intervals just fine. So that validated that the problem is not the RC, the X7, or the I2. Its a problem in the CS Ultra which is not allowing to record interval photos shorter than 5sec.

Is there some buried setting in the CS menu I need to adjust, or is the problem a bug in the CS implementation of DJI Go 4?

You have to switch the cammera settings to shoot photos in JPG format only as shooting on DNG takes time to empty the memory buffer and that's why 5 sec is the lowest interval time. With JPG you can shoot shorter intervals.

I have a new CS Ultra. Yesterday with the new CS Ultra mounted on my Cendence, I went to film some hyperlapses with my I2 and X7 camera. Both the I2 and all associated accessories are at the latest firmware versions.

I was not able to record any intervals faster than 5sec, which is too big of an interval for most of what I do. My troubleshooting indicates this is a SOFTWARE BUG in the Crystal Sky. In the camera/photo/Interval menu settings I select jpg as the format, and get a selection option that starts with 2sec and runs up to much longer. I select 2sec, and exit the menu. However, the shutter/capture button in DJI Go 4 shows 5sec as the interval. I then start the interval recording and it is indeed 5 sec. Right away, a small popup window is displayed that tells me I should select a differenct photo capture mode.

No matter what I select in the Interval menu (2sec or 3sec, and 4:3 or 16:9 or 3:2) the same thing. I exit the photo interval menu and the shutter button shows 5sec.

So I brought it home and experimented. I tried the CS Ultra on my regular I2 RC and the same problem. I then tried my iPad Mini 4 on the Cendence and it would capture 2sec intervals just fine. So that validated that the problem is not the RC, the X7, or the I2. Its a problem in the CS Ultra which is not allowing to record interval photos shorter than 5sec.

Is there some buried setting in the CS menu I need to adjust, or is the problem a bug in the CS implementation of DJI Go 4?
This has been covered before and Niki's answer above is correct. It has nothing to do with a bug or the Crystal Sky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool