Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky (maybe) vs most recent updates...a Bug?

Reaction score
have just updated everything including my socks to the most recent firmware and app versions. Out flying today. Pilot is using an iPad (4 I think) and I have the small CrystalSky for the gimbal op. All would go well for one or two recordings, then I found I couldn't stop recording. Touching either the onscreen icon (red button) or the physical red button on the controller appears to stop the recording for a second, but then it would start back up all by itself.

IF I swipe to full screen, and stop a recording, I can see the counter stop. Say I did so at 5 minutes, then a minute later started the recording again. The counter would start at 6 minutes as though I hit the pause button instead of stopping the recording. And of course there is no pause button.

My pilot has an accurately reporting icon in his copy of Go4, so I can check with him to see if I'm recording. But from my point of view I can't tell if this $9,000 machine is or isn't doing the one thing it's designed to do without checking with someone else who is supposed to be busy doing something else. Sooo......

Anyone else have this issue and know of what I may have set wrong, or if there is a work around. I've contacted DJI, but honestly all expect from them is to have me look up the serial numbers, describe the problem again, and send a video, which the will proceed to ignore and not respond to. Bitter? A tad.

Share your thoughts.

You are most likely not doing anything wrong, we have had this happen also. Your choices are while flying to shut the Crystalsky down completely or reboot. When not flying we suggest you go to the settings menu and do the following, Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Reset.

We do not know why this happens and can only explain it as glitchy FW. Before you do this sync any flights that you do not want to loose.

Reactions: SanCap
As we here in Texas day. Well DANG! I'll give it a shot. Flight data is on the ipad so I won't loose anything. it was a practice day anyhow.

Just heard back from DJI Tech support who said that the CS is not listed as a supported device for the Inspire 2. I have to wonder why the Inspire Series is the first listed in the sales page as one of the systems that the CS can connect too. Is this like saying yes you can connect your 65' cabin cruiser to the trailer hitch of your smart car, but the fine print will tell you it ain't guna work?

Just heard back from DJI Tech support who said that the CS is not listed as a supported device for the Inspire 2. I have to wonder why the Inspire Series is the first listed in the sales page as one of the systems that the CS can connect too. Is this like saying yes you can connect your 65' cabin cruiser to the trailer hitch of your smart car, but the fine print will tell you it ain't guna work?

Did you do the Factory Reset on the Crystalsky?

Reactions: SanCap
Did you do the Factory Reset on the Crystalsky?
Yes I did. Have not gone out in the field to try it. I figured it would be best to wait until I had lots of people involved, dwindling light, and an anxious client. That seems to be the most likely time for bugs to surface. Wadaya think. Genius?

Yikes! Just ordered a crystal sky for my new Inspire2 it arrives today. Should I send it back?

Not at all. This is a new issue that oddly enough started one the first flights after a firmware update. So it’s a new bug. DJI, in my experience, tends to blame the user. I’m certain they will fix this. The monitor is great otherwise as using it in bright sunlight is s easy you quickly forget to think about it and can focus on the flight rather than constantly evaluating your angle to the sun or open sky. Can’t wait for our 2nd to get here

Keep an eye out for the event. It was something that I noticed "at some point". It didn't seem to happen on the first take after a restart, and I would get distracted by actually doing what I was supposed to be doing. So if it does happen, try to make a note of when, what you'd just done, etc. Good luck. I know you're going to like the monitor though. Very nice.

I'm using the most recent firmware along with the 7.85 Chrystal sky monitor and the Cendence controller and no issues so far. I've done four flight at 20 to 24 minutes each, running the inspire 2 to the max distance and legal altitude. My camera is the X5s using the Olympus 45mm 1:1.8 lens. After updating the firmware I did a IMU and a compass calibration. I can't say enough about the new DJI monitor and controller. I'm getting ready to drive up the cost from LA to San Francisco and drone along the way, I'm more into stills then video but will take some video to share later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08