Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Custom buttons on RC

Reaction score
We have two custom buttons on the RC and most people dedicate one to recentering the gimbal and the other to switch between pan and tilt mode. I'd like to have a firmware update that adds 'long press' options for the same C1 and C2 buttons to give us two more quick operations.

At present I have the pan/tilt toggle on C1 and recenter on C2, but if we had a long press option I'd probably allocate it this way:

C1 short press = toggle pan/tilt
C1 long press = recenter gimbal

C2 short press = Advanced camera settings
C2 long press = Battery info

Brian

We have two custom buttons on the RC and most people dedicate one to recentering the gimbal and the other to switch between pan and tilt mode. I'd like to have a firmware update that adds 'long press' options for the same C1 and C2 buttons to give us two more quick operations.

At present I have the pan/tilt toggle on C1 and recenter on C2, but if we had a long press option I'd probably allocate it this way:

C1 short press = toggle pan/tilt
C1 long press = recenter gimbal

C2 short press = Advanced camera settings
C2 long press = Battery info

Brian
We already have long press application assigned to C2 via firmware - gimbal adjust!

Reactions: Jacky Poon
You don't - its just 'there' It is not assignable.
Press and hold C2 will bring up a cross hair, then adjust gimbal roll with right hand wheel on remote.

Thanks, that is very helpful. Is this detailed anywhere -- I don't think I saw any reference in the manual?

OK, if that's the case I opt to have them provide a selectable long press option for C1 and for me that would be advanced camera settings.

Brian

That's news to me aswell, cheers for sharing that!

I often ask questions that get some flack but in the end it adds to the picture and we all learn -- I hope.

Still pushing for a long press on C1 and to make that customizable just as the short press C1 and C2 are now assigned.

One additional area of question is the reassignment of C1 and C2 during "Waypoint Mode" where you use them to save and delete waypoints.

Brian

Last edited:
I often ask questions that get some flack but in the end it adds to the picture and we all learn -- I hope.

Still pushing for a long press on C1 and to make that customizable just as the short press C1 and C2 are now assigned.

One additional area of question is the reassignment of C1 and C2 during "Waypoint Mode" where you use them to save and delete waypoints.

Brian

I think when you are in waypoint mode the C2 is automatically reassigned to control waypoint selection.

I think when you are in waypoint mode the C2 is automatically reassigned to control waypoint selection.

Well I'll need to test this but does this reassignment only last during the define waypoint phase and then, when you apply and run the waypoint mode, is the original functions of the custom buttons restored? So, for example, if I have C1 = pan/tilt toggle and C2 = reset gimbal, they will only be temporarily reassigned to 'record waypoint' and 'delete waypoint' during the define waypoint phase.

I want to be able to run a waypoint mode and then be able to concentrate more on the gimbal pan and tilt so being able to use C1 and C2 for gimbal control is necessary.

Brian

Well I'll need to test this but does this reassignment only last during the define waypoint phase and then, when you apply and run the waypoint mode, is the original functions of the custom buttons restored? So, for example, if I have C1 = pan/tilt toggle and C2 = reset gimbal, they will only be temporarily reassigned to 'record waypoint' and 'delete waypoint' during the define waypoint phase.

I want to be able to run a waypoint mode and then be able to concentrate more on the gimbal pan and tilt so being able to use C1 and C2 for gimbal control is necessary.

Brian

I have only tried it once but I recall after you hit apply, it goes back to what you set it to.

Last edited:
What he said ^^^^^^^^^ .:)

Once you have set your waypoints and started the autonomous flight running your C1/2 buttons go back to their custom setting as per your setup.

Reactions: lovetofly
What he said ^^^^^^^^^ .:)

Once you have set your waypoints and started the autonomous flight running your C1/2 buttons go back to their custom setting as per your setup.

Once again, thanks E. I hope to get a chance to test the intelligent flight modes this weekend. I have Autopilot but want to get the DJI operation down before moving on to third party controllers.

One step at a time...

Brian

Reactions: IrishSights
Try the litchi app it has lot more options in C1 and C2 long press and shorts ones ..

G'day, am I right in that pan and tilt alternative is not available on IOS but is on android? My apple mini does not have it listed on the drop down....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop