Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dead battery fix! looking for ideas!

Reaction score
I've soldered lipo's plenty of times before and I'm well aware as to their chemistry and how aggressive and dangerous they are(made an electric skateboard and multicell batteries from scratch).
I have an idea that I'm sure someone must have tried.. Who has ripped open a dead tb47 or 48, then removed all the cells and soldered on a xt60 with balance plug to the motherboard so I can plug in external batteries to the White DJI battery cap?
The reason why you can't just use an external pack to power the I1 is because the motherboard talking to the pack and confirming with the I1 its an official DJI product. I have seen people on the forum who have replaced DJI stock lipo cells with aftermarket ones to revive a dead pack. The lipos themselves don't have circuit boards(most of them). Also, the internal resistance of the lipo packs has to be similar (the chemistry are all very close). SO tell me why I can't do this. I found a battery in weight that is 8.3mah/gram compared to the DJI tb48 at 8.5mah/gram. (roughly 2% less efficient than a DJI Battery.
EDUCATE ME PLEASEEEE!

30d2ce3bb01e89e57a208afa1683cde6.jpg

Get yourself some similar cell packs and solder the balance wire to the board
And cut the xt60 to solder the wires to the top
27c3b984729e058be3febdb4e7fc26eb.jpg

6s packs will work
3s works too just be sure the balance wires are in series

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

WOW you are awesome!!!! this is what I was thinking, does the pack notice when you switch to a new battery, Do you get any errors on the dji go app?

I've done it .
I can connect One 6S Batterie or even TWO ( In parrallel ) with the balance plug for telemetry in the app .
I've made also a cabe so i can Charge and balacce my inspire baterries on my Junsi Charger ( better balancing)

When I store my batterie I Charge/discharge them on storage voltage en leave the balance plug unplugged. If you let them plugged in they are for shure going dead if you let them sleep too long.

(Sorry for my english, I'm from Belgium )

full

full

full

full

I noticed when I took apart battery from inspire 1 that there is some sensor connected to the board and is on one of the cells. I figured it was a heat censor. How do you manage that in this mod? Or doesn't it require a heat readings to work?

You can longer the wires. And fix them every time on the battery, but I don't use it and let it as it is.

Last edited:
You can longer the wires. But I did not. The temp sensor prevents Recharching in original housing when battery is to hot. I measure it with IR thermometer after the flight. And in flight it becomes rare they are to hot because now the cells take enough wind in flight. The original battery is packed very cached in the bird, so they can get very hot.

Last edited:
30d2ce3bb01e89e57a208afa1683cde6.jpg

Get yourself some similar cell packs and solder the balance wire to the board
And cut the xt60 to solder the wires to the top
27c3b984729e058be3febdb4e7fc26eb.jpg

6s packs will work
3s works too just be sure the balance wires are in series

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Can you be more specific on where to solder the xt60 plug / wires?

You can longer the wires. But I did not. The temp sensor prevents Recharching in original housing when battery is to hot. I measure it with IR thermometer after the flight. And in flight it becomes rare they are to hot because now the cells take enough wind in flight. The original battery is packed very cached in the bird, so they can get very hot.

Can you show the details about the wiring to the board.

Also, wouldn't it be easier to use the battery mod that have been discussed here earlier, where you leave the cells in the battery but add a plug for another one to add to the existing one?

I use this mod because now I can use any lipo. They are much cheaper. And I can also see the voltage of each cell in the app When I use two 5000 mah lipos on each side of the bird i that way I have 10K amps. When you use lightweight lipos the bird is only a little bit heavier and you gain flighttime

Reactions: red_raven
The balance connectors are also in parallel. So when you use 2 units 6S2P lipos it's like flying with ONE 6S4P lipo.

this setup works till the firmware catches it, then it will just turn on and then turn off.....im trying to work on a fix

Reactions: oldcomputech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice