Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Device used with RC?

Reaction score
Im currently using an iPhone 6 Plus with my RC, performance is great but even the 6 Plus screen don't cut it.
Ive got an iPad 3 that I'm repairing the digitiser on then will start using this, I'm aware that it has considerably more weight than the Airs, but with the RC brace on on should be fine.
May I ask what others use with there RC and how they feel the device performs?
Thanks all

I use a full size iPad Air 2 and it works and fits excellent. There are probably 20+ threads about this so finding opinions should not be difficult.

iPad 3 has A5 chipset yours A7, i wonder just how much procesing power the pilot app needs, i would rather have it running smooth even if it meant upgrading

I use a full size iPad Air 2 and it works and fits excellent. There are probably 20+ threads about this so finding opinions should not be difficult.

You have the cream! But again surely the Pilot App can't put that much strain on CPU?

I have the iPad Air 2 too, but i thought it would be to big in my opinion. So I bought the smaller mini to use instead.

I'm using it with my iPhone 6 plus.

I tested with my Samsung Galaxy Tab...size was great but.... Oh gosh the graphic rendering was horrendous!

I switched back to my iPhone 6 plus... Smooth as heaven! Maybe I should invest in the latest iPad mini

A7 is the minimum. I agree that the iPad mini 2 with wifi is a great inexpensive option. Apple gave me $175 trade in on my v1. Not a bad deal.

I have tried most android devices worth trying and all ios devices. The air 2 is the best and yes the pilot app is very cpu dependant.

2nd would be the mini due to it's size. It's Not as smooth as the air 2 but almost.

If you have to go android the Only one worth a **** is the shield.

The ipad air 2 is the best device to use as stated by multiple Dji 24/7 tech support guys.
Please use the search feature as this subject has been posted over and over again.

I'm using Galaxy Note 4. It's rock solid. It's even got a 2k screen and better pixel density then any of the iPads. Over 550ppi compared to approx. 250ppi for the iPads. Watching the 4k videos on my Note 4 looks wayyyyyy better then on my iPad mini 2

I'm using Galaxy Note 4. It's rock solid. It's even got a 2k screen and better pixel density then any of the iPads. Over 550ppi compared to approx. 250ppi for the iPads. Watching the 4k videos on my Note 4 looks wayyyyyy better then on my iPad mini 2

I have a note 4 as my daily phone.. trust me it's no compression to an a7 or a8 ios devices. The 2k screen does nothing for the 720p outout of the dji pilot app except make it more laggy.But love it as a phone.

I have the iPad Air 2 too, but i thought it would be to big in my opinion. So I bought the smaller mini to use instead.
Actually I thought it's too big too! Haha. But it seems like the better deal compared to mini.

Dilemma! Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207