Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Different Versions of the Inspire 2?

Reaction score
Was curious if anybody knows the difference between Inspire 2 models? I don't think it's as drastic as something like the Inspire 1 vs pro, but the Inspire 2 seems to have made an aesthetic change at some point in its lifetime.

Some of the things I noticed:
  • LED covers can either be clear or hazy
  • Serial sticker changed slightly
  • Rubber dampeners might have a little tail
  • Felt material on gimbal connector
  • QR code on motor can be present/absent
Can post pictures if anybody is a nut like me and wants to see these little differences, but was wondering if anybody knows when/why these changes were made or if they are mods installed by end user

Last edited:
Reactions: Donnie Frank
Was curious if anybody knows the difference between Inspire 2 models? I don't think it's as drastic as something like the Inspire 1 vs pro, but the Inspire 2 seems to have made an aesthetic change at some point in its lifetime.

Can post pictures if anybody is a nut like me and wants to see these little differences, but was wondering if anybody knows when/why these changes were made or if they are mods installed by end user
A mere cosmetic, irrelevant changes, if any at all. Much more important are hidden changes due to supplier's components availability, followed by necessary FW tweaks. For example, battery cells of different specs from a different vendor may require performance tampering changes ...

I don't fully agree or disagree with Dobmatt. He has a point, but....

When I see aesthetic changes, that usually raises a flag that there are multiple manufacturers or manufacturing plants. I imagine - China being the mega-industrial nation it is - has a myriad of general manufacturing firms. I can imagine that DJI probably utilizes several of them, as I don't believe that DJI flat-out owns its own manufacturing plant (though I could be wrong). So I'm kind of with you on this. When I see aesthetic changes/differences that just "show up," it raises a flag. Where one manufacturer uses a bearing, maybe another uses a bushing. I've seen this many times before. I think we all have. I don't think your trepidation is unfounded. Unfortunately, due to DJI's complete lack of transparency, we may never know. It may take years for subtle manufacturing shortcomings and/or QAQC issues to rear their ugly little heads.

D

Reactions: Tenyouken

I'd like to see photo of the felt material on gimbal connector

Yea share the photos please

I'm curious if there are performance and range variations between early and later model Inspire 2's. I'm flying with an X5s and can barely hit 50 mph on a still day with the XOAR carbon fiber props or the stock props. Batteries had less than 10 cycles when I was flying. I'm wondering if that's fairly normal?

I'm curious if there are performance and range variations between early and later model Inspire 2's. I'm flying with an X5s and can barely hit 50 mph on a still day with the XOAR carbon fiber props or the stock props. Batteries had less than 10 cycles when I was flying. I'm wondering if that's fairly normal?
That fairly normal, give or take. However, last FW version (.0500) implied power limitations affecting some specimens of Inspire 2, be aware. Long run on maxed throttle or strong wind may result in reduced power supply. Don't ask me why ...

Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't going to ask... since I lost count of how many time I rolled back the firmware on my I 1v2's, and I hear that's even tougher to do on the I2. Everything works and that keeps the clients happy!

Not a DJI component, but the NLD firmware for the I2 is full featured even on the most current FW release. This not only eliminates the NFZ, it restores the original speed & acceleration of I2, which has been reduced on a few DJI FW versions.

Compared to Mavic. The Mavic Pro (v1) is similar, but M2 series gains essentially nothing due to hard FW blocks. Although they do offer a Rooted Main board for M2 series that does allow full features even with current & future FW releases.

The I2 and MP are currently the most open to NLD firmware.

Although they do offer a Rooted Main board for M2 series that does allow full features even with current & future FW releases.
Mmh, not exactly full...
This was a rip off respect the previous works with firmwares, at today they have not been able to eliminate the 500m altitude limit, only the NFZ.
NLD thought they could do it and started selling that rooted board (that I have installed), making believe that it was enough to unlock everything, but is not exactly so... maybe, or probably they were fooled too, by others.
I do not say more.

Anyway at least all their previous with the other DJI drones, I2 included works well, even if I use their web client utility just to change or eventually refresh the firmwares, but I adjust all my wanted parameters on my Mac computer, having all the necessary (old, unchanged infos) to be able to do by myself in DJI Assistant 2.
And I've been using for years only their modified Android apps, the last one is still DJI GO 4.1.22 NLD.

Mmh, not exactly full...
This was a rip off respect the previous works with firmwares, at today they have not been able to eliminate the 500m altitude limit, only the NFZ.
NLD thought they could do it and started selling that rooted board (that I have installed), making believe that it was enough to unlock everything, but is not exactly so... maybe, or probably they were fooled too, by others.
I do not say more.

Anyway at least all their previous with the other DJI drones, I2 included works well, even if I use their web client utility just to change or eventually refresh the firmwares, but I adjust all my wanted parameters on my Mac computer, having all the necessary (old, unchanged infos) to be able to do by myself in DJI Assistant 2.
And I've been using for years only their modified Android apps, the last one is still DJI GO 4.1.22 NLD.

I don’t use the NLD Flight App, no need to and it interferes with DJIGo4 & 3 for other crafts since neither can be installed on same tablet. I haven’t found a need for the flight app... some may like it since it blocks all communications & data sending. and the app to set parameters works well to save settings.

You are correct, their rooted board doesn’t yet remove
altitude limits... Yet. Chatting with David they do feel strongly confident that will be added, although the team is focused on the M600Pro development currently... and it’s a very small shop. Although, I wouldn’t call that a “rip off”, they haven’t stated altitude limit was removed... stated it can & will be removed in future version. The ability to upgrade M2 series DJI FW without loss of NLD and able to easily downgrade FW is a plus too.

Like the MP, P4P and I2 platforms, it provides a simplistic interface for removal or restore of NFZ, mods for speed & acceleration, Freq for non-FCC areas, and a full access to FW parameter variables... well beyond the DJI Asst Program and more explanatory than the Hack on the older DJI Asst versions... lacking in all newer DJI Asst versions.

Great to hear you have the Rooted board, I’ve made a few attempts but each time new stock arrives it’s sold out quickly... popular item. Looking at another attempt in 1-2 weeks; Although it’s pricy and probably not for everyone.

I don’t use the NLD Flight App, no need to and it interferes with DJIGo4 & 3 for other crafts since neither can be installed on same tablet. I haven’t found a need for the flight app... some may like it since it blocks all communications & data sending. and the app to set parameters works well to save settings.

You are correct, their rooted board doesn’t yet remove
altitude limits... Yet. Chatting with David they do feel strongly confident that will be added, although the team is focused on the M600Pro development currently... and it’s a very small shop. Although, I wouldn’t call that a “rip off”, they haven’t stated altitude limit was removed... stated it can & will be removed in future version. The ability to upgrade M2 series DJI FW without loss of NLD and able to easily downgrade FW is a plus too.

Like the MP, P4P and I2 platforms, it provides a simplistic interface for removal or restore of NFZ, mods for speed & acceleration, Freq for non-FCC areas, and a full access to FW parameter variables... well beyond the DJI Asst Program and more explanatory than the Hack on the older DJI Asst versions... lacking in all newer DJI Asst versions.

Great to hear you have the Rooted board, I’ve made a few attempts but each time new stock arrives it’s sold out quickly... popular item. Looking at another attempt in 1-2 weeks; Although it’s pricy and probably not for everyone.
Ok, thanks for the interesting infos.
Maybe I'll go to see these new possibilities offered one day, however I think to have touched, set all the necessary for me, as parameters.
M600Pro... a bit too expensive for my use, just to buy only one set of smart batteries, not really justifiable.
I have a collection of many tablets of different brands, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi just to use as monitor for the DJI multirotors, they are always in airplane mode, some with different app versions of old Litchi, DJI GO 3 and 4, just in case.

I had bought the rooted board immediately, as soon as it was announced, when they did not yet have the first stock available. I have had blind faith for everything... and I didn't even have a M2 to install it on, so I immediately bought one Mavic 2 zoom, little used as new, on Ebay, both out of curiosity and to offer my small contribution to their efforts.

Reactions: dougcjohn
Ok, thanks for the interesting infos.
Maybe I'll go to see these new possibilities offered one day, however I think to have touched, set all the necessary for me, as parameters.
M600Pro... a bit too expensive for my use, just to buy only one set of smart batteries, not really justifiable.
I have a collection of many tablets of different brands, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi just to use as monitor for the DJI multirotors, they are always in airplane mode, some with different app versions of old Litchi, DJI GO 3 and 4, just in case.

I had bought the rooted board immediately, as soon as it was announced, when they did not yet have the first stock available. I have had blind faith for everything... and I didn't even have a M2 to install it on, so I immediately bought one Mavic 2 zoom, little used as new, on Ebay, both out of curiosity and to offer my small contribution to their efforts.
Hang in there... the Rooted board is a great piece to have... as time develops. A Rooted board provides many options as time moves forward. Hang onto your stock board in case you need to send in for service.

I have 2 M600Pro's and 7 sets of batteries. I look forward to NLD adding the M600Pro to it's list... as well as the M210 (future NLD).

As you've probably noticed, the Rooted board has gone up about $100 since release. I hesitated questioning if it was a needed component... I regret that direction as I wait for a board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth