Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Discover Edmonton: Sights/Attractions 4K, ALL drone ground/aerial footage

Reaction score

Hello, here I got an Edmonton attractions/sights 4K video, all shot with a drone. It seems, though, that not all clip transitions got exported and some are actually broken. Either way, thank you for watching!

This little solo project of mine has been a LOT of work and more challenging than my 71 cinematic drone moves tutorial! Everything was pretty time-consuming, from planning what places to shoot, when the perfect time was weather/crowd-wise, where to start shooting/park my car/legally fly and how to shoot above, to sorting through over 260 clips, figuring out the sequence and transitions, coloring, etc etc... Drone videography is also just a hobby I picked up recently and being pretty amateur added to the time.

Edmonton is Canada’s Festival City, but I can’t fly my drone near crowds to capture the hundred or so festivals each year. I couldn’t wait for the big ones that are coming soon, plus I work a lot of weekends when these events are usually held. I look silly enough holding my drone out and shooting on the ground haha. There are also tons more things to do and see in the city, especially the bike trails, food, and winter activities.

I've only started with drones and videography early March this year, so any advice would be gladly taken! Thank you for watching!

Last edited:
Very nice. I have so much to learn. Always focused on best in flight shot, lighting and safety, never even thought to incorporate handheld shots. What do you use for editing.

Reactions: Raincast
Very nice. I have so much to learn. Always focused on best in flight shot, lighting and safety, never even thought to incorporate handheld shots. What do you use for editing.

Hey, a few of those shots are a lot of tries haahha. Safety was my big thing with the magnetic interference despite being in open parks at times - maybe because I was still in the city proper. Yeah, we'll look ridiculous holding a drone but I can't afford a handheld dslr plus lenses plus stabilizer etc etc! I think it's easier editing and matching shots too with just one camera.

I use Premiere Pro and it's pretty awesome! If you sign up as a student, you'll get $20 a month full Adobe Suite for a year too haha. When I added Denoising, I think that's when I lost a few of the transitions in the final output video.

Thanks for watching!

Definitive version with fixed transitions re-uploaded above! If it doesn't work, new link here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg