Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Chains Broken

Time will only tell.. But I would expect it to flop just like the Iris and Yes I did own one for a short period.

People need to remember. What people want is a solid camera platform. The gimbal is the hardest part. I don't see them coming close.

Reactions: Kilrah
Time will only tell.. But I would expect it to flop just like the Iris and Yes I did own one for a short period.

People need to remember. What people want is a solid camera platform. The gimbal is the hardest part. I don't see them coming close.

tell me more :) I since my beginning of multirotor platform have not really been into RTF but have build my own and therefore haven´t heard of the Iris... any links?
to your comment. YES the gimbal is the most difficult part ever. sorting out weight, compatibility and tool less operation next to what camera you might get just in case is a pain... I own an octocopter and it was a mess...

Don't they have Colin Cell phone salesman, game show contestant Guinn working for them? Doomed to failure then (or he might sue them I suppose).

Reactions: jon b
Best you Google that one..... :cool:
ok
:D

I did google and found youtube vid on the 2015 CES las vegas... demunseen or something did and interview with him... well apart from repeating a lot of the words he was not really informative but seems to be in a good position.. I don´t know what he was at DJI but I think a lot of people like the idea him gone from there.

:)

Last edited:
Nice for the hard core Gopro fans - they'll finally be able to operate their camera properly in flight.
But at $999 + you have to buy camera and then you are stuck with Gopro fisheye!
P3 pricing and features make 3DR Solo a non-starter in the race

Nice for the hard core Gopro fans - they'll finally be able to operate their camera properly in flight.

Haven't seen any detailed specs yet, but for camera control from what I can see during the few seconds we see the related settings in the app I'd guess they never collaborated with GoPro but are likely "cheating" and controlling the gopro through its wifi control feature. So you'd have the "menu" settings and ability to start/stop/change mode like with the smartphone app, but I doubt there's any manual control.

A shot in the water IMO :)

Last edited:
Reactions: blade strike
It's like bill gates getting the blue screen. Probably a bit embarrassing when you are trying to show off your tech and it fails.

Reactions: blade strike

I agree blade!! I say it's a nail in their own coffin, i expect it to flop just like the others

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips