Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI CrystalSky Monitor Owner Discussion by Advexure

The price was reduced to all dealers yesterday, I got to fly with one a month ago, while doing training on the new M210 systems. Even on a very bright sunny day I could see the screen clear and very bright. The nits ratio on the Nvidia shields we were using is 500, on the iPad Mini4 it is 400 and on the lower of the 3 CS displays it is 1000.
Very cool

The price was reduced to all dealers yesterday, I got to fly with one a month ago, while doing training on the new M210 systems. Even on a very bright sunny day I could see the screen clear and very bright. The nits ratio on the Nvidia shields we were using is 500, on the iPad Mini4 it is 400 and on the lower of the 3 CS displays it is 1000.
Very cool
which one did you use?was it the 1000nits one or the 2000?

How long before we can see actual in the field reviews of these. Since the price is so high I want to see it in action before pulling the trigger.

When you do get to see one, you will be absolutely amazed. We got to see them outdoors for 2-3 hours at a big DJI event in Dallas during AUVSI. They also only had the 1000 nit version. Being able to see such a bright, clear screen out in the open daylight was an incredible difference when compared to trying to keep an iPad in the shade or looking through a Hoodman or some other sun shade device.

It is certainly an expensive, single purpose item, but one that will definitely improve your flying experience.

Reactions: cvanhoose
What were your thoughts?

We've seen the High Brightness (1000 nits) to be suitable, and in my opinion, sufficient for most users. I'm sure the 2000 just adds the cherry on top. Imaging output is extremely crisp. One of our guys should have a review from some hands on use with the Ultra in the coming days.

On a different note, Ferdinand from Skynamic and DJI Europe gave us all a preview of what the production packaging of these bundles of joy will likely look like. Super slick :cool:

CrystalSky Box.jpg

Reactions: mpaerial
I can’t wait to get them. Waiting patiently. I’m curious how I am going to adapt to my controllers for the time being. Will the bracket ship around the same time. I also ordered a smaller one for my Mavic, fingers crossed it will fit the controller.

I also ordered a smaller one for my Mavic, fingers crossed it will fit the controller.

I think we have already established that the Crystalsky devices, even the small one, will not fit the Mavic controller without some sort of mount.

DJI originally said that they would work with Mavic, but mention of this has been conspicuously absent from recent material.

Odds are you are going to need an adapter of some kind, but you will need to allow for the central location of the bottom USB port...

Reactions: oblivie
Still works with the Mavic. It is on the current compatibility list. I plan to make an adapter plate for it.

It is still shown on the main web page for sure, the oddity I referred to is that it is not listed in the more recent user guide:

Compatible DJI Products
Osmo series (Osmo Mobile excluded), Inspire, Matrice,
Phantom 3 (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced)
and Phantom 4 series

Personally I don't think that is anything more than a lack of a mounting option as I don't imagine there will be a problem using it with the Go 4 app installed.

Just a little disconcerting though.

Reactions: Advexure
Can this crystalsky be used with a dslr as an external monitor?..... in other words , is there video hdmi input ?

Reactions: cvanhoose
Can this crystalsky be used with a dslr as an external monitor?..... in other words , is there video hdmi input ?

At this point in time, all information leads to a no answer, unfortunately the CrystalSky does not have HDMI input capability and does not have to ability to function as an external monitor. Honestly, it is a huge letdown. Tons of steadicam operators and also Ronin and future Ronin 2 operators have looked at the CrystalSky as their external monitor but unfortunately no dice for an external monitor. I have no idea if the HDMI Output also would have the ability to input at some point (if this possibly could be solely a software limitation at this point)

This is one feature I have been shocked about and was even more shocked when we saw the Ronin 2 at the release event with non-DJI monitors being demoed on it. You would definitely expect a monitor at the CrystalSky's price point to have HDMI in.

I appreciate you bringing this question up here on the forum. I'll have some conversation with the DJI guys down the street and see if they can provide any further input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb