Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI firmware 30m restriction.. Are they fixing it?

That didn't work for me, I tried it. But once I deleted the app and reinstalled it, no problems!

I had this height and distance issue with my primary Inspire 1 ver.2... I managed to get it to go away... there are so many permutations one can try that after doing several you become lost unless you read stuff for hours and translate that into some kind of troubleshooting procedure that includes writing everything down as you progress otherwise you can become lost... :0(

Last week I purchased a second or backup Inspire 1 ver.2. I few it on a number of days using several batteries on each of those days... Then comes Tuesday Oct 17th and the second or backup drone starts doing the limited height and distance BS... of course I have no idea why... checked the version of firmware, and software and thought things were okay... but it's a serious pain in the butt when you take off and find your locked in altitude or distance and you have to land and start over... at least I land and start over, others may be shutting stuff off in the air but I'd like to avoid that...

I finally lost it and deleted and reinstalled the app on my ipad air... just the Go app... now everything seems to be back to normal with both my primary and backup inspire...

so in my case and BTW I did log into DJI and out several times and that definitely didn't or wasn't working for me....
for me it was just deleting the app on the ipad air and reinstalling it...

just a note I synced my flights before doing this so I could resync or restore the current flights after the app reinstall...

in hindsight this was probably the first thing I should have attempted because it took the least amount of time... once you come to the conclusion that your firmware sections are up-to-date...

I wished DJI had a way of getting their software to check versions/things before crap happens.... maybe it does do that and if it is doing it... it's doing a piss poor job of it!

jk

Last edited:
I hope it stays working for you jk, but in my experience deleting and reinstalling the app wasn't a lasting cure as the issue returned week or two later ....

Maybe the recent app update will cure the issue ? Fingers crossed

I hope it stays working for you jk, but in my experience deleting and reinstalling the app wasn't a lasting cure as the issue returned week or two later ....

Maybe the recent app update will cure the issue ? Fingers crossed

It's hard to keep up with these changes they put out... to me more often then not they seem to fix one thing and break 3 others in the process...
DJI has grown so fast they should be able to cope... they've gone from millions to billions...
I suppose semi professional is not who they're catering to....

appreciate the heads up on what the app might do in a couple weeks... I'll report back or discuss it here if that happens...
thank you kindly
jk

Last edited:
New here on this forum. Recently picked up a I1v2 pro and got the altitude limit error message. After reading all of the above, I deleted the go app and reinstalled and the message is gone. I'll watch to see if it stays gone and post what it does. Thanks for the help! Now on to the lense calibration process.

I havent installed a new update in approx 12 months.
Never contact to wifi and have never had an issue
Initially I would constantly update as soon as new firmware came out,then I waited till others updated and reported back,now I dont bother
Perfect 100%reliable(touch wood)

Reactions: Lesmess
All is good
Same problem here for this new member. I deleted my Old GoApp and downloaded the GoApp for I1, Osmo, etc, thinking it would be another GoApp sans 4. When I opened it, the logo showed it was Go App 4! Thought I dl the wrong one. But decided I'd try it first and it worked. At least I think it did as I couldn't test fly the bird in the dark, but I noticed the altitude limit has now self-populated with 120m. Before it was zero. Adding 120m up to 500m made no difference. I am hoping tomorrow at my RC clubs airfield it will allow me to rise higher than 98 feet. I will be a bit embarrassed if it doesn't but I can get some good vids of my brother pilots flying their rc craft at lower altitudes, But I am hopeful the 98 ft limit is no longer there. Next to useless for much else.

I have an I1 Pro I haven't flown in a year since I got the I1 V2.0. I will be a bit wiser if DJI forces me to do the update on my Pro as well. Of course, no more unlimited altitude flights, but that never interested me anyway.

All my problems started after loading the new firmware. After several hours of hair pulling and google searching, the I1 was functioning again, albeit with the altitude limit.
Thank you Davidp and everyone who contributed. This is a great forum. :)

Last edited:
Same problem here for this new member. I deleted my Old GoApp and downloaded the GoApp for I1, Osmo, etc, thinking it would be another GoApp sans 4. When I opened it, the logo showed it was Go App 4! Thought I dl the wrong one. But decided I'd try it first and it worked. At least I think it did as I couldn't test fly the bird in the dark, but I noticed the altitude limit has now self-populated with 120m. Before it was zero. Adding 120m up to 500m made no difference. I am hoping tomorrow at my RC clubs airfield it will allow me to rise higher than 98 feet. I will be a bit embarrassed if it doesn't but I can get some good vids of my brother pilots flying their rc craft at lower altitudes, But I am hopeful the 98 ft limit is no longer there. Next to useless for much else.

I have an I1 Pro I haven't flown in a year since I got the I1 V2.0. I will be a bit wiser if DJI forces me to do the update on my Pro as well. Of course, no more unlimited altitude flights, but that never interested me anyway.

All my problems started after loading the new firmware. After several hours of hair pulling and google searching, the I1 was functioning again, albeit with the altitude limit.
Thank you Davidp and everyone who contributed. This is a great forum. :)
Is your app version 3.1.18? Make sure all batteries where updated to the new firmware also. Log out and back in to dji. If problem persists, make sure the app is the last thing started in the start up sequence. Controller first then the bird and wait till the camera is done doing its dance then start the app. When changing batteries, close the app after battery is removed then open it again after the bird is powered back on.

Is your app version 3.1.18? Make sure all batteries where updated to the new firmware also. Log out and back in to dji. If problem persists, make sure the app is the last thing started in the start up sequence. Controller first then the bird and wait till the camera is done doing its dance then start the app. When changing batteries, close the app after battery is removed then open it again after the bird is powered back on.

Well I lucked out. It works fine now. I did insert each battery after the initial firmware upgrade. nothing seemed to happen but all batts worked fine at the field and I WAS able to hit the 400 ft ceiling today. She was up there. Not sure why anyone would need to go higher, except for the pros maybe, but she was just a dot. Will have to do my PRO next, but now I know what to look for.

Thanks for the input. Appreciated.
t

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962