Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI firmware 30m restriction.. Are they fixing it?

Reaction score
I have been spraking about this on herr in a selerate thread but thought i open a seperate thread about the actual firmwate fix for it..
Does anyone know if DJI are taking this height limit firmware issue seriously???

We all can't keep constantly closing and opening our DJI GO apps between each blasted flight and lipo change whilst working on paid jobs.

I've managed to get the restrictions lifted by doing the above but it happen everytime I power off the drone or change a battery.

I've only had my Inspire 1 Pro for a few days.. Very impressed with the physical machine but not the firmware by a long shot.
My Mavic has never had any issues.
I've tried contacting DJI but no response so wondered if anyone here knows what the deal with it is??
Surely this cannot go in fixed in firmware by the Gods of drones?

Dave

I have been spraking about this on herr in a selerate thread but thought i open a seperate thread about the actual firmwate fix for it..
Does anyone know if DJI are taking this height limit firmware issue seriously???

We all can't keep constantly closing and opening our DJI GO apps between each blasted flight and lipo change whilst working on paid jobs.

I've managed to get the restrictions lifted by doing the above but it happen everytime I power off the drone or change a battery.

I've only had my Inspire 1 Pro for a few days.. Very impressed with the physical machine but not the firmware by a long shot.
My Mavic has never had any issues.
I've tried contacting DJI but no response so wondered if anyone here knows what the deal with it is??
Surely this cannot go in fixed in firmware by the Gods of drones?

Dave

By logging into your account at account.dji.com you will automatically release the altitude & distance restrictions. You only need do this the one time.

Last edited:
By the sounds of it DJI don't think there is an issue with their firmware and suggest if I try to install everything again and do IMU and gimbal calibrayions and if it still persists then they've opened a repair ticket for me!!!!!!

I'll de damned!!

DJI opens a repair ticket for everything, seems like that's their default mode, strange because I would think they would want to save on all the costs associated with repairs.
I also have this problem and it is very annoying, thinking of downgrading the firmware to 1.8 if that's possible.

Go to your DJI Go app and double check you have beginner/restricted mode turned off so you can fly outside the limits! Also check you've got your own max height and distance values set. Worth doing because sometimes installing a newer version of dji go seems to randomly change settings!

If you have got beginner mode restrctions turned off and you still have a problem:

Shut down the aircraft and RC, sign out of your DJI account on your tablet.
Delete the app from the tablet, reboot the tablet.
Now go back to the tablet app store and download dji go again.
Start DJI Go and, if it doesn't prompt you to sign in automatically, then go to the Me page (it's on the bottom of the Go Fly screen that shows the aircraft picture near to the skypixel/editor section) and Sign in to you dji account with your ID and password.
Now check that you have the beginner mode restrictions turned off, and that you've set your own max height and distance.

FWIW, I fly with both an I2 and a P4 and haven't had any flight height/distance restriction issues on either aircraft since they made the change a month or two back. If you use mutliple tablets/phones, then make sure all of the dji go devices are logged in too - you don't have to log out of one to log in to another.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Go to your DJI Go app and double check you have beginner/restricted mode turned off so you can fly outside the limits! Also check you've got your own max height and distance values set. Worth doing because sometimes installing a newer version of dji go seems to randomly change settings!

If you have go beginner mode restrctions turned off and you still have a problem:

Start DJI Go and, if it doesn't prompt you to sign in automatically, then go to the Me page (it's on the bottom of the Go Fly screen that shows the aircraft picture near to the skypixel/editor section) and Sign in to you dji account with your ID and password.
Now check that you have the beginner mode restrictions turned off, and that you've set your own max height and distance.

FWIW, I fly with both an I2 and a P4 and haven't had any flight height/distance restriction issues on either aircraft since they made the change a month or two back. If you use mutliple tablets/phones, then make sure all of the dji go devices are logged in too - you don't have to log out of one to log in to another.

Hope that helps!
Ditto - I have had no issues whatsoever on any of my DJI aircraft.
Once fully signed out via the app and back in again, there have been no height/distance restrictions.
I've tried to tell people but................. :confused:

If you have got beginner mode restrctions turned off and you still have a problem:

Hope that helps!
Thanks I shall try this again later today.
Been a complete nightmare for many people. Although workable when closing and 're opening the app before every flight.
Rgds
Dave

not touching any i mean ANY update regarding the I1. 1.4 on the AC and doing very good and stable wirh no issues :)
unbelievable what one can read here as to what problems the updates bring with them... speed not as fast anymore, wind stability, now the 30m bug, crazy...

Reactions: CSpenceFLY
Once fully signed out via the app and back in again, there have been no height/distance restrictions.
I've tried to tell people but................. :confused:
Not working for some of us boss. Problem is still there no matter how many times you log in and out or how many times the app is deleted and re installed. To combat the problem is start the app last in the start up sequence and to close and restart the app everytime battery is changed or powered off. App must be the last thing turned on in the sequence or you'll get limited.

Editor, Or anyone
I've tried to tell people but...

I don't have Net connection when I fly... so how would I log in , besides the obvious of trying to Buy or get a Hot spot ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaruripapers