Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Flight Simulator

Have you installed DJI assist ?

When I plug my controller into my windows 10 machine it s identified as the remote. I also went into settings in the app and where you specify controller I picked “light bridge” controller. But In all honestly I tried the other controllers and they worked too.

I suspect it’s either you have to have had DJI assistant installed and/or select light bridge controller from the settings in the sim. Try the settings first before installing DJI assistant.

Out of curiosity what other controllers have you tested with this new sim?

I got the Inspire-series remotes to work, but not the Spark or Mavic Pro...

I liked the simulator, but sometimes when I am in race I got slow transmission between the remote controller and the drone in simulator and this lag make my drone crash everything :) There are a delay to aircraft responde the commands of the remote controller.

Cool!
Looking forward to hearing your impressions on this software.

everything is such a mistery with DJI, not strange at all that the Inspire series that are advertised as being supported are not available yet

I have successfully linked the I1 and I2 controllers to the sim via USB...as another person has mentioned the I2 remote works, but buzzes and beeps all the time. Both the I1 & 12 controllers are Lightbridge.

The Spark and Mavic Pro (the Pro being Occusync 1.0) controllers don’t work with the sim.

I don’t have an Occusync 2.0 (Mavic 2) remote to test...perhaps someone can try it and reply.

I find it odd that the sim has Spark and Mavic Pro models, but only functions with a remote costing more than those two drones...

Last edited:
I have successfully linked the I1 and I2 controllers to the sim via USB...as another person has mentioned the I2 remote works, but buzzes and beeps all the time. Both the I1 & 12 controllers are Lightbridge.

The Spark and Mavic Pro (the Pro being Occusync 1.0) controllers don’t work with the sim.

I don’t have an Occusync 2.0 (Mavic 2) remote to test...perhaps someone can try it and reply.

I find it odd that the sim has Spark and Mavic Pro models, but only functions with a remote costing more than those two drones...

It shouldn't be a surprise that DJI releases anything that is not complete "coming soon" in the small print is not a rarity. So they have flight SIM with support for the majarity of current DJI birds, but of course upon release it still doesn't support all birds. Now I won't be surprised if the paid version has support for all the birds but the free version limits the support.

Ok just got s price back. It’s $800 usd
I’m not buying it and going to see if the free version is good enough for my use case

800 usd? Oh my god... i am thinking something about 30 or 50 USD

I honestly would not pay 50 bucks for its current condition. The free price tag is about right.

I was wondering for the commercial version what else it came with and maybe it had more options or unlocked the I2 for example.

The software is actually exciting but the free version sounds like it will be popular for most people. I think the paid versions give you stuff the average person would never use but they have to charge lots for.

Details are kinda sketchy as always with DJI. I’m sure it will sort itself out and maybe it will be clear what else you really get when you pay and how applicable it is to average people.

I can't get past the launcher screen after the installation. It says "already installed". No matter what I try.

Anyway, why is this thread in the Inspire2 section? This is for Inspire1 and 2 (and others). More like a general topic.

I'm having serious trouble with the new Sim. I'm running it on a up-to-date Windows 10 virutal machine running the latest Paralells on a brand new 27" iMac with 64 GB of RAM running the latest Mojave macOS 10.14. After creating a new folder called DFS on the C:Drive it finally installed with no errors in that folder not the default folder. Then after launching the Sim with a new IN2 controller the controller vibrates almost contstantly and the only visible parts of any drone chosen, are the props, yes only the props, not any part of the drone body! I tried the P4P controller and it acts the same, vibrates and again only the props show up. Very frustrating indeed. Evidently there was no testing on virtual machine software platforms like Paralells. I hope DJI comes up with a fix for this as I'd like to use this Sim.

Well it appears the free trial version is not what they show in the video. I will have to see how much paid versions sell for.

Using the i2 remote works but it beeps all the time until you unplug the USB cable. They don’t have the i2 in the free trial version either.

I attached some pics of what it looks like but I think the free trial is the old version? The launcher app says version 2.1.0.0 but when you run in free mode everything. Is in version 1.x

View attachment 22736View attachment 22737View attachment 22738

Interesting. Keep us posted!

Interesting. Keep us posted!
I posted later in this thread that the next day I was offered an upgrade, and after that download, it then was the same as the version in the youtube video DJI posted. Version 1.3.0 I thin is the "advertised version" the initial download package didn't install version.

I had some time last night and decided to look into the Mavic Pro (original) controller and why it wouldn’t work with the new DJI Flight Sim...

I’m using a Lenovo laptop with a fast processor and graphics engine, running Win7 Enterprise; Flight Sim runs with the Inspire 1 remote, Inspire 2 remote but it buzzes and beeps (as mentioned before).

The fix for using the Mavic controller was:
1. Disable driver signature enforcement.
2. Re-install DJI Assistant 2, and then ‘run as administrator’.
3. Connect Mavic Pro remote to the laptop and make sure you can see it in Assistant.

I can now run Flight sim, pick a drone and control it with the Mavic remote...the RTH button doesn’t work but I can fly all the models to the extent the free version allows...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool