Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO 4 app displaying live feed but not updating other data like battery % and voltage?

Reaction score
Has anyone seen an issue with the latest dji go 4 app where the battery % / gimbal angle etc does not update, but will still display live video feed? when flying today, I noticed the battery voltage and percentage was rather high for the amount of time i was flying... realized the numbers were static and not updating.

We've seen telemetry not show for a short time but don't think we've seen telemetry data be static. Did you happen to see if it was isolated to GO4 just on that device you were running?

I happened to be flying with my iphone 7+ today, haven't use other devices since this flight. Never seen anything like this before. App said the craft had 76% battery after about 15 minutes of flying, which made me suspicious. When I moved the camera, DJI GO 4 wasn't showing the correct angle of the gimbal, live display was still working without issue during the entire flight. Scared me a bit, so I landed. i2 showed one green battery light when I landed, had a maximum of 25% battery. Once I landed and changed batteries, did some movement with the gimbra, noticed it was showing the correct angle again.

This thing has some very odd bugs and my faith in DJI to fix them is waning.

Mine partially shuts off the RC during flight (Green power LED goes out and iPad display Disconnects, while all others remain on.) and it needs to be restarted. Seems to happen on the 5.8GHz band more. Sort of used to it now so not too startling as it is set to Hover in Place instead of maybe flying off to who knows where it initiates a RTH by itself. I have to keep an eye on where it is and not fly it out of visible range as it is just too quirky to trust.

Gimbal now slowly hunts left and right and back again too even pointing at something while on the ground so I have to keep using the left roller wheel and C1. Typical of DJI it seems.

This thing has some very odd bugs and my faith in DJI to fix them is waning.

Mine partially shuts off the RC during flight (Green power LED goes out and iPad display Disconnects, while all others remain on.) and it needs to be restarted. Seems to happen on the 5.8GHz band more. Sort of used to it now so not too startling as it is set to Hover in Place instead of maybe flying off to who knows where it initiates a RTH by itself. I have to keep an eye on where it is and not fly it out of visible range as it is just too quirky to trust.

Gimbal now slowly hunts left and right and back again too even pointing at something while on the ground so I have to keep using the left roller wheel and C1. Typical of DJI it seems.

Wierd stuff with your RC issue, wonder if its defective?

I saw the camera drift issue when on the ground as well, if you do the gimbal calibration in DJI GO 4, it should solve that one.

Wierd stuff with your RC issue, wonder if its defective?

I saw the camera drift issue when on the ground as well, if you do the gimbal calibration in DJI GO 4, it should solve that one.

Yeah, problem when I spoke with DJI is it doesn't always do it so it's a crap shoot to fix it not knowing when it will happen or if it will. Nothing like something intermittent to cause issues. TV was intermittent also and when the service guy came it was good until he stepped out the door and then shut itself off (Which is another matter and maybe why Mitsubishi quit making lousy TV's.).

I never noticed the green LED going out with iPad showing "Disconnected" which seems to happen with a lot of these things, and now with Litchi also randomly shutting itself off too, but it seems to be the RC is causing it, just like when I have to unplug and replug the USB cable to get the iPad to "Connect" (Which they think is the RC charging the iPad even though it is fully charged.). Might be the focus hand-wheel too as it's blue LED also goes off at times. I dunno, just fly it until it wads itself up I guess.

The iPad is the same used on the P4 and its RC does not shut off, but it has flight issues now since the firmware which is typical too.

I'll wait for the next firmware and see what becomes of this stuff.

Mine partially shuts off the RC during flight (Green power LED goes out and iPad display Disconnects, while all others remain on.) and it needs to be restarted.

On two occasions when flying with Cendence on the I2, the Cendence powered off mid-flight and we've had the same report from a client of ours who has been flying I2 with Cendence in New Zealand (took off from the top of a mountain only to lose connection mid-flight to almost have to rely on RTH to land atop a mountain..luckily regained connection after re-powering Cendence). Talk about sweaty palms...

Reactions: Casey53
On two occasions when flying with Cendence on the I2, the Cendence powered off mid-flight and we've had the same report from a client of ours who has been flying I2 with Cendence in New Zealand (took off from the top of a mountain only to lose connection mid-flight to almost have to rely on RTH to land atop a mountain..luckily regained connection after re-powering Cendence). Talk about sweaty palms...

I was wondering if buying the Cendence RC might relieve me of worrying about the I2 stock RC unit powering off, but seems it too has the same bug then. Has to be some firmware issue with them as it doesn't fully power off as all other white LEDs remain on and why when the "Disconnected" black screen came on as I missed seeing the green power LED go off and rebooted instead. I can see why the NZ guy was sweating, it isn't the most pleasant thing to happen and knocks the trustworthiness of the I2 down a lot too. Never heard of this issue with the I1.

Since you are a dealer, does your shop report these issues to DJI? Being that's it's intermittent, it's tough for a warranty claim and would be easy to say the next firmware in a couple of months fixes it - if they'd say what is really addressed with each version instead of "Bug fixes."

Anyway, thanks for the info. Reassuring knowing I'm not the only one and it is in the Cendence too.

I happened to be flying with my iphone 7+ today, haven't use other devices since this flight. Never seen anything like this before. App said the craft had 76% battery after about 15 minutes of flying, which made me suspicious. When I moved the camera, DJI GO 4 wasn't showing the correct angle of the gimbal, live display was still working without issue during the entire flight. Scared me a bit, so I landed. i2 showed one green battery light when I landed, had a maximum of 25% battery. Once I landed and changed batteries, did some movement with the gimbra, noticed it was showing the correct angle again.

flew again today with no issues, hopefully it was a fluke......

Since you are a dealer, does your shop report these issues to DJI? Being that's it's intermittent, it's tough for a warranty claim and would be easy to say the next firmware in a couple of months fixes it - if they'd say what is really addressed with each version instead of "Bug fixes."

Anyway, thanks for the info. Reassuring knowing I'm not the only one and it is in the Cendence too.

We are 100% reporting any and all bugs and issues we experience in our use as well as information we receive from our end users. The more information feeding back to R&D and the more reports they have on a particular bug, the faster they can act on it. Our team has always been fully dedicated to working alongside DJI to develop, test, and support all software and equipment that we use in-house and all software and equipment that we put in the hands of users everyday. Don't hesitate to drop us a PM or email with any reports. Smooth operating and safe flying!

We are 100% reporting any and all bugs and issues we experience in our use as well as information we receive from our end users. The more information feeding back to R&D and the more reports they have on a particular bug, the faster they can act on it. Our team has always been fully dedicated to working alongside DJI to develop, test, and support all software and equipment that we use in-house and all software and equipment that we put in the hands of users everyday. Don't hesitate to drop us a PM or email with any reports. Smooth operating and safe flying!

am i going crazy or is DJI updating the app every day lately? looks like there were updates the last 3 days in a row on iOS? Any idea what they did for the i2?

am i going crazy or is DJI updating the app every day lately? looks like there were updates the last 3 days in a row on iOS? Any idea what they did for the i2?

They are definitely rolling pretty fast lately...

Version 4.1.12 today does not seem to have anything specific to I2. Here are the release notes:

Highlights:
Improved shooting and flight safety with more awesome features.
Added Editor options to adjust aspects such as Color Temperature, Sharpness, and Highlights.

Spark:
1. Added Dynamic Home Point updating, which periodically sets the aircraft’s current position as the Home Point (firmware v01.00.0700 or above is required).
2. Optimized image transmission quality.
3. QuickShots can now be recorded without an SD card.
4. Added a 3 second countdown when shooting a QuickShot or ShallowFocus photo.
5. You can now switch between and lock transmission frequencies and channels manually.

Mavic (firmware v01.04.0000 or above is required):
1. Added QuickShot mode.
2. Added Dynamic Home Point updating, which periodically sets the aircraft’s current position as the Home Point.

Editor:
1. Improved the Editor's user interface.
2. Added options to adjust aspects such as Color Temperature, Sharpness, and Highlights

General:
1. Streamlined the login and registration process.
2. Added access to the Unmanned Aerial System Training Center.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope