Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJi Inspire 1 Case - Zipper

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I noticed an old thread from last year discussing repairs or replacement of the Inspire 1 Case Zipper. I spoke with DJi, and they mentioned that they only cover damage to the zipper 15 days from purchase. Has anyone had luck getting a replacement case from them after this duration?

Also, any advise on if the zipper is easily fixed?

Bascially with mine, some of the zipper teeth have become mangled, and i can no longer run the zipper over that area, making if hard to close the case.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Regards,

Ewan.

Luggage repair or a seamstress should be able to sew a new zipper in for you (and a beefier one, at that.)

Thanks for that Dr D. Just a question for anyone. Has anybody had an Inspire 1 Case replaced due to fault after 3 months from the purhcase date? Orginally DJi were telling me that they only replace the case up 15 days after purchase, now they are saying up until 3 months. Can anyone offer some additional info.

One of the zippers on my case was not zipping closed (the meant to be closed zip was bulging open as I pulled the zip closed around the back corner). Following the old wives tail, I used a carpenter's pencil to lubricate the zip, and that improved it. Graphite is good dry lubricant...

However even better, I used some spray on engineers graphite lubricant. I sprayed it onto a cloth pad (sparingly) then rubbed the pad along the zip paying special attention to the corners where most of the strain is, and now it closes properly and easily.

WD40 is good, but as its volatile, I think it tends to evaporate and attract dust afterwards.

Cheers

Mark

$80 bucks plus shipping and the brand new Inspire 1 case is yours. Just let me know I have a brand new case but upgraded recently to a larger one capable of handling US airports.

Hi Ewan Did you manage to get your case repaired? Both of the zippers on mine have broken within a few weeks of owning the case

Reactions: Rick_L
Hi there,

I contacted DJi and they have stated that the case is not covered under warranty since it is not part of the actual product purchase. They consider it a gift/premium, so no warranty applies. This did annoy me quite a lot since as far as I am concerned, it is part of the product purchase, and should be covered. But in your case, since it has happened so soon after purchase, they might help you. They did say to me that if I had reported the problem within 14 days of purchase, they would have replaced the case. Mention this when contacting them. Let me know how it goes. Happy to PM you my support case details if they give you any trouble and try and get out of helping you.

Regards,

Ewan.

Just a tip - before using the zipper its good to give it some paraffin from a candle fx. - that sticks great, good as lubricant and do not collect dust and dirt.

Same problem. Week after buy and lost left side end of zipper (stuck, was dark, to much power). Now useing only right zipper. Very gently. If this side fali ill try to repair. This and handle problems make case so unusable at dirt places. I didnt wax it. I prefer oryginal case because of dimensions. Its small and mobile. But very weak. Take care of it best U can.

Thanks for that Dr D. Just a question for anyone. Has anybody had an Inspire 1 Case replaced due to fault after 3 months from the purhcase date? Orginally DJi were telling me that they only replace the case up 15 days after purchase, now they are saying up until 3 months. Can anyone offer some additional info.
i had my second unit case replaced because i had to rip off my zipper because it got stuck and i had my batteries inside and also had to work...
it was fairly new but took the squareheads in germany over a month to send back a new one. can't remember if it was over three months or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was annoyed that DJi would not help me in my case(no phun intended), but I found a replacement case online for $70.00, so all good. A quote to repair the zipper from a repair shop was $45. I'll just make sure I use something to help the zipper slide better.

My case zip jammed on second opening! Used a little wax to lubricate it and 'voila'...the next time I came to open it a zip fastener derailed and I had to force the case open!

Given that there was no mention of the case being 'complimentary' I'm expecting to have it replaced (kit bought from UK retailer) as it's obviously 'not fit for purpose'.

Yeah, I was annoyed that DJi would not help me in my case(no phun intended), but I found a replacement case online for $70.00, so all good. A quote to repair the zipper from a repair shop was $45. I'll just make sure I use something to help the zipper slide better.
I can't believe that DJI would not help you out, they always look after their customers so well and are always prompt with warranty repairs and replacement parts.......How's that for sarcasm??

Edited by a moderator for language.

Last edited by a moderator:
The online UK retailer, Vodafonestore, I purchased from couldn't find a replacement case...so its requested I send the whole drone kit back to 'them' for replacement. I'm a great believer in consumer rights - so the unit was collected yesterday and I'm awaiting a replacement.

I was asked to send the unit back to a company called Kondor. A quick internet search reveals that this is distribution/fulfillment company that online retailers use - so that they don't have to carry any stock themselves. It appears to becoming an increasingly common practice for UK online retailers simply to 'front' sales of a product whilst relying on a wholesaler's distribution network to fulfill orders.

Given the hassle of returning the whole unit I suspect I won't be exercising my consumer rights if the zip fails on the replacement unit!

This helped for me. The foam packing material in the cover, back corners were rubbibg on the zipper making it difficult to go around the back corner. I trimmed this away and that helped make the zip travel smooth. Rubbing the zipper with candle wax helped as well. The zipper tends to fix itself if it doesn't get banged up too bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido