Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 Micro Four Thirds Reel Video

Reaction score
Had a chance to work with the new micro four thirds camera last month to contribute some shots to the release video. We put together a 4k edit of our favourite shots from our backyard in Squamish, BC - Only had a few days with it and I can't wait to get it back in the air. Enjoy!

is this the X5 or the X5R? 60mbps from the X5 is a bit of a let down surely...

Had a chance to work with the new micro four thirds camera last month to contribute some shots to the release video. We put together a 4k edit of our favourite shots from our backyard in Squamish, BC - Only had a few days with it and I can't wait to get it back in the air. Enjoy!

Really nice - thanks for sharing. I take it this was filmed with the X5 (and DJI Lens), and not the X5R? I see a new shock absorption plate is required to dampen the bigger camera. Did you do that yourself, and was it a big deal?

Very decent! Seems the characteristic sensor/compression noise from the X3 is thankfully gone. Detailed moving shots are quite blocky but that would likely be due to the awful Youtube compression, would be interesting to see a real HQ file...
(yes I downloaded the original from Youtube and watched on a 40'' 4K monitor i.e. "the right conditions").

Reactions: Scotflieger

Sorry for my dirty mind,but I like that girl on the horse.:)

How did you prevent the flickering that typically occurs with the X3? Is it not existent with the X5?

Do you mean the sudden iris/ISO changes due to auto-exposure on the X3? You can lock your ISO and exposure, and then it won't do that.

No I mean the flicker caused by the way the files are compressed. Even when using a static ISO, shutter and appropriate ND filter, it still has that light flicker every 8-10 frames.

It's quite obvious from the footage that the X5 doesn't do it, and doesn't either have the X3's characteristic noise. Very clean.

You'll see it mostly in trees and grass shots, things with tons of detail. It's there no doubt about it.

In my footage, it doesn't happen with the X3 like you're suggesting. Noise, yes. But, I don't see flicker when I've locked AE and ISO.

It's based on the level of detail in the video and how fast that detail changes. It's a product of the compression they chose, which I believe only uses 1 full frame every 8-10 frames.

Last edited:
It's quite obvious from the footage that the X5 doesn't do it, and doesn't either have the X3's characteristic noise. Very clean.

Is it not possible anti-flicker was used? Or is there a link to the RAW file?

In my footage, it doesn't happen with the X3 like you're suggesting. Noise, yes. But, I don't see flicker when I've locked AE and ISO.
There still is a bit of aliasing and noise in the fine details - we were using an ND 8 + maintaining a lower shutter speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop