Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Pilot App

I just upgraded my iPad mini to the latest version of the App. Looks the same so far but I have to remember to load my flights to the cloud. I keep losing my flight data and it is all my fault.

Joola that takes me to the tapatalk app not dji pilot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I posted this after your last comment. Click this link from your mobile device and it will auto download the app without requiring your SN. I just tested this on my iphone and ipad and had no problems.

http://t.co/HSqfP1KJee

yes i confirm this is version 0.9.1 DJI Pilot working on my ipad air 2. still waiting for my drone arriving anytime now. cant wait to try the sim function.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I just saw my Android version got an update. Not sure what it was for. Still no simulator.

Oh wait, update notes

Now flight will be locked after three days if firmware is not updated
Update ui of the remote controller calibration
Calibrate correction imu
Home page 24/7 help icon

Last edited:
I just saw where the "simulator" function is only available on the iPad but not on Android devices. Not speaking "Apple" and having vowed never to buy such an overpriced line of stuff, do I need to now go further in debt and spring for an Apple something-or-other, and if so, which one?

I just saw where the "simulator" function is only available on the iPad but not on Android devices. Not speaking "Apple" and having vowed never to buy such an overpriced line of stuff, do I need to now go further in debt and spring for an Apple something-or-other, and if so, which one?

HI, I have an iPad Air 2, yes the sim is good but I would try and find someone with the app on an apple device and play with the simulator first, you fly around a lot in various modes over a field with hills in the distance, that's about it unless I'm missing something (not for the first time). No substitute for flying for real though. Cheers Mark

Reactions: fizzviic
HI, I have an iPad Air 2, yes the sim is good but I would try and find someone with the app on an apple device and play with the simulator first, you fly around a lot in various modes over a field with hills in the distance, that's about it unless I'm missing something (not for the first time). No substitute for flying for real though. Cheers Mark
iPad Air 2 has the A8 chip. I wish the iPad mini 3 had the A8 chip. How do you find the remote for balance with the Air 2 attached.

The balance is ok, I think it's "big" appearance makes you think it's heavy when it isn't, if that makes sense. My 1st Apple product so wasn't sure what to get and I want it for other things not just a screen.

Sorry having technical difficulties with my phone..videos got mixed up some how..trippy...
LOLOL! It wasn't your phone. I posted the wrong video and changed it a minute or two later. Sorry. That's Eric, not me there.

From what I've been reading, The Ipad Air 1 seems to be the most stable running the pilot app. Some users are sighting app crashes with Air 2, enough to call it into question if you ask me. Not sure about Air 3. But Air 1 doesn't seem to have any reports of problems. Ipad mini doesn't seem great from what I've read- laggy. I really wanted to stay android but I think it's fair to say from users experiences, the I's have it. So I guess I'll have to add that to my budget. Grrr.

LOLOL! It wasn't your phone. I posted the wrong video and changed it a minute or two later. Sorry. That's Eric, not me there.

From what I've been reading, The Ipad Air 1 seems to be the most stable running the pilot app. Some users are sighting app crashes with Air 2, enough to call it into question if you ask me. Not sure about Air 3. But Air 1 doesn't seem to have any reports of problems. Ipad mini doesn't seem great from what I've read- laggy. I really wanted to stay android but I think it's fair to say from users experiences, the I's have it. So I guess I'll have to add that to my budget. Grrr.
I bet Eric was mad as hell after that crash..probably why the video stops right away..I'd have to edit mine for sure ..you would hear several swear words followed by a small wimper ..
I'm an android guy too,but need to buy a tablet. .so you're going with the I pad air??

No, it was Eric in the simulator demo, not the crash video I posted by mistake. Let's keep that straight, lol. The crash dude was just a video I found, who knows who that is.

Is there an official update yet on when the iOS DJI Pilot app is being released with Apple? It's ridiculous that units are hitting customers, yet the app isn't ready for download, surely there's a release date by now???

It's on the DJI web site now (and has been for a few days) in the Inspire 1 download page . . .

"Supported Mobile Devices: iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad 4; Samsung S4, S5, Note 3, P900 tablet, Sony Z3 EXPERIA, Google Nexus 7 II, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini. (Note: Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.)"

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips